Do I need a Tacho card?!

Hi guys,

Just had a quick question. I’ve got a day-long trial on tippers on Thursday and was wondering if that is something I would need a DigiTacho card for? Obviously if I get accepted and hired I will need one from there on in… but just a single days trial?

If I do then I’ve only just ordered one today so I’ll need to postpone the trial until I get it I presume.

Thanks!

SaucyWeeTart:
Just had a quick question. I’ve got a day-long trial on tippers on Thursday and was wondering if that is something I would need a DigiTacho card for? Obviously if I get accepted and hired I will need one from there on in… but just a single days trial?

If I do then I’ve only just ordered one today so I’ll need to postpone the trial until I get it I presume.

Presumably you’ll be driving so if the work is on EU regulations you will need a driver card, assuming the work is on EU regulations it’s unlikely that the company would let you drive without a driver card anyway.

tachograph:

SaucyWeeTart:

Presumably you’ll be driving so if the work is on EU regulations you will need a driver card, assuming the work is on EU regulations it’s unlikely that the company would let you drive without a driver card anyway.

Yes, I would assume so. Oh well, thought I’d double check with you guys in case I was missing something. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaucyWeeTart:
Hi guys,

Thanks!

Didn’t you pass your test with Peter Smythe on the 12th of November 2019 ?

I would have thought you’d have already sent off for everything you needed weeks and weeks ago.

Well-Jell:

SaucyWeeTart:
Hi guys,

Thanks!

Didn’t you pass your test with Peter Smythe on the 12th of November 2019 ?

I would have thought you’d have already sent off for everything you needed weeks and weeks ago.

I did. Probably a bit silly waiting for so long but I’m pretty preoccupied with other things since then and it’s pretty much slipped my mind - until today.

I did a driving assesment for a haulage company in Essex, and that only lasted for about 20 minutes. They insisted I used my digi card. I’d of said personally if your driving at all, use your card. Maybe you could keep a manual record? Might be worth asking?

IVIatt96:
I did a driving assesment for a haulage company in Essex, and that only lasted for about 20 minutes. They insisted I used my digi card. I’d of said personally if your driving at all, use your card. Maybe you could keep a manual record? Might be worth asking?

The problem with that is that for the EU regulations it’s illegal to drive a vehicle fitted with a digital tachograph if you don’t have a driver card, so I doubt that any reputable company would allow a day long driving assessment without a driver card.

The transport manager would give you a piece of his mind and tell you never to come back if you rock up without a tacho card