Chester area Class 1 for new pass

Hi all,

So I’ve been sat on my class 1 since the summer, in the mean time I’ve been driving class 2 on general haulage for the last 4 months or so, couple of nights out a week. Dropping at everything from RDCs to people houses. Not the cleanest or nicest of work but work and experience none the less.

I’m really getting the itch to start with the class 1 work and have been trying various companies but seems around my area (Chester/Ellesmere Port) a lot of the firms want drivers with 2 years experience.

I dont really want to leave a cards in job for an agency gig that may disappear from under me so was wondering if anyone on here knows of any good firms for a new pass Class 1 driver to join in my area? Dont really want to be travelling any more than 30 mins to work especially if its early starts as i do that now and its rough at times!

I’m open minded about the role type, although I’d prefer days I’m willing to consider a role with a few nights out but sont want to tramp all week.

Wouldn’t mind trying something different from general haulage to be honest but again if it’s a good firm that will help me get through the early weeks where I’m getting my head around reversing etc then I’m all ears.

Just wondered if anyone on here is at such a company or knows of one?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

An agency called best connection who my uncle works via says try Clint’s but unsure if that’s your area

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk