When to use POA?

muckles:
What I think the OP and myself mean is if you’re using your dashboard readout to track your time, you need to be aware the POA will re-set it, but you still need to take a break or you will end up exceeding your driving time, not that the POA changes to break.

But that’s not what the OP said, what he said was:

jessejazza:
Some have stated PoA can interrupt driving time and switch to break.
“Be aware that digital tachographs wrongly count POA as break”. I have not heard this before and phoned my local tacho centre and the guy told me that’s not the case. If PoA is selected it will stay on PoA unless the truck is moved forward in which case it automatically switches to drive.

The bit I’ve coloured red is quoted from my first post in this thread, I’ve no idea what this talk about POA switching to break is all about because no-ones said that, however if a tachograph centre bod has told the OP that the digital tachograph does not wrongly count POA as break and reset the driving time I’m saying the tachograph specifications suggest he’s wrong.

Though from what the OP has posted about POA not staying on POA I’m guessing he never correctly described the issue I mentioned.