Peter Smythe Open-day - World Cup Final all over again

Today was a repeat of the World Cup Final. South Africa vs England and the result was one very happy Springbok fan and a out of pocket England supporter (aka Peter Smythe)

Well what can I say… My wife and I both arrived at Peter’s Open day to be met with a lovely welcome, a steaming cup of Hot chocolate and a doughnut (the kind you eat) The center is something to see in person, nice and clean, well organised and very helpful and friendly staff.

We were well looked after and Pete’s popularity was well noticed as there was a queue to meet the man in person, just like you would see backstage at a rock festival. In this case it was to do battle or wrestle him in to submission to get a deal for those dreaming of a Cat C or C+E licence.

We were told we could go and have a go at reversing while we wait to see Peter so off we went.
The yard was a bustle of activity with wannabe drivers having a go at reversing Bus, Rigid and Artic Trucks. Very soon it was my turn… I though to myself go straight for the Artic… jump in at the deep end and impress the wife… being in charge of the beast should do it :wink:
Well she impressed me… Her reversing was better than mine and I was the one getting out of the truck with the handbag over my arm :blush:

Thank God I done better in the Rigid and counted my lucky stars she did not have a go at that too.

The instructors was great, very friendly, so easy to speak to and also their passion was visible. Great bunch of people so a heartfelt thank you for your advice and time today.

We met Peter and the battle started… It was game on. The battle was fears the negotiation fair and the result was
12-32 all over again.

In all seriousness, many thanks to Peter for giving me a awesome deal on my C, C+E Mod 4 and ADR.

This is and will be a day to remember, I passed my Theory and Hazard Perception exam this morning and left Peter Smythe with not only a fantastic deal but the reassurance that I will be given second to none training and all the tools to give me a great chance to prepare me for my practical. On the day it will still be up to me to get the job done.

So my journey begins.

Many thanks

Really pleased you enjoyed your visit and liked what you saw. I’ve explained to the kids that Christmas is cancelled cos I gave so much away on the Open Day!!

Seriously, hope all goes well with your training and test. Anything I can do to help, you know where I am.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: