4 Questions

gratiaDei777:
(Questions from a pre-practical test person who likes thinking ahead)

1. What should you do if you find an illegal immigrant in your truck?

2. Do your tacho records get checked regularly by your employer/someone else?

3. Do you usually have to change the engine oil yourself, or does a mechanic do it for you?

4. Do you find it easier or more difficult to run a red light? (I’m guessing it’s more difficult to run a red light in a truck since you’re more careful & driving more slowly?)

1. Driver gets fined £2,000 per illegal immigrant found on their truck. The operating company also get fined £2,000 per stowaway. Obviously a driver wont want that fine.

2. You only need to make your card available for download, after that, it is up to the office staff to analyse the data. Most agency clients will want you to download your card at the end of every shift, some will want you to download before the shift, to make sure you have available driving time etc. Some companies will ask to download the card data during a driving assessment/interview to make sure you haven’t picked up too many infringements in the past.

3. As Tachograph said, most companies wont let you change a lightbulb unless youv’e been trained. I have been able to get spare fuses from the office and change those myself. You will probably check the oil level as part of your daily walk round checks and perhaps add a bit. That’s it though.

4. When you take your practical training, you’ll be shown how to approach traffic lights to minimise the chance of going through any red lights