Euro Truck Simulator 2

Hi guys & ladies,

My Euro Truck Simulator 2 game arrived today (found out today that there was a limited time deal on Steam for a fraction of the price I paid on Amazon. It cost less than 15 quid on Amazon anyway, so not too miffed).

Looks quite realistic. Have any of you any experience of this game?

One thing I noticed is that, when reversing with an artic, you shouldn’t steer in the direction you want to go in (which you WOULD do with a car). That’s right, isn’t it?

gratiaDei777:
Hi guys & ladies,

My Euro Truck Simulator 2 game arrived today (found out today that there was a limited time deal on Steam for a fraction of the price I paid on Amazon. It cost less than 15 quid on Amazon anyway, so not too miffed).

Looks quite realistic. Have any of you any experience of this game?

One thing I noticed is that, when reversing with an artic, you shouldn’t steer in the direction you want to go in (which you WOULD do with a car). That’s right, isn’t it?

I used to play it a lot in vr in fact if you download the hyper traffic mod that is somewhat similar to what its like driving in the UK I think, especially in london.

A mate got me to play it at his house once, it’s alright for what it is but driving a wagon with a controller felt weird. Yes reversing an artic is the opposite to what you’re used to, steer away from where you want your trailer to go then steer towards where the back of your trailer is to straighten and steer the other way to tighten the turn, it sounds like a bit of a headache but it becomes second nature once you start driving then you work on being accurate with it.

Tseal:
Yes artics do reverse like that in fact its one of the reasons I can’t be bothered upgrading to a class 1.

I really wouldn’t let that put you off doing your class 1 mate, once you get over the initial learning curve its miles more interesting than class 2 (for me anyway.) Come and join the dark side my son, no better feeling than when you pass your test and become a fully qualified class 1 jedi master. :sunglasses:

MegaHips:

Tseal:
Yes artics do reverse like that in fact its one of the reasons I can’t be bothered upgrading to a class 1.

I really wouldn’t let that put you off doing your class 1 mate, once you get over the initial learning curve its miles more interesting than class 2 (for me anyway.) Come and join the dark side my son, no better feeling than when you pass your test and become a fully qualified class 1 jedi master. :sunglasses:

Thanks m8 maybe I will join dark side at some point, and I have euro truck simulator to practice on for reversing :wink:

I remember getting this while studying for the test and then the exam. Got myself a nice used Logitech driving wheel and pedals set for 50quids from ebay. Felt really realistic and definetely a good way to learn a bit about reversing. Sold the wheel after passing the test for pretty much the same and never got back to the game.