C+E Jobs - in the Fens

Anyone looking for a job in the area? My firm are looking for staff - experienced or new C+E. A good firm where you’ll get support for your first fortnight (extra training one can request) and choice of shift. The firm has about 150 trucks and pleasant place to work. Drivers are treated fairly which I cannot say for previous jobs I have had. Wages depend on shift but day shift is >£620 gross per week (paid weekly).

PM me as I recall (somewhere) that one shouldn’t advertise companies on the forum.

What area of the UK do YOU work from :question:

ROG:

I reckon it might be in the fens

ROG:

Boston/Spalding area.

Most companies looking for staff in this area BUT the firm I work for are better with staff … hence why on getting C+E I applied to only one firm. Like all driving jobs one is limited to about 30 mins commuting time from home… otherwise one’s days are too long. [I tried a 45 min commute - it was too far I wasn’t going to last]. I have a 15 min walk now but I am still tired at the end of the day!

Hi.

Are they looking for class 2’s at all or purely class 1’s? Currently applying for class 2 at the moment and live around 40 mins from Boston and on the lookout for any interested companies in the area.

Very much doubt I will be passed until after new year though.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Muncho81:
Hi.

Are they looking for class 2’s at all or purely class 1’s? Currently applying for class 2 at the moment and live around 40 mins from Boston and on the lookout for any interested companies in the area.

Very much doubt I will be passed until after new year though.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Trouble with this area is most driving jobs are Class 1 - hence my problem when I moved here with only Class 2… so no.

Which direction are you when you say 40 mins? Boston is an odd location - 40 mins from P’Boro, Newark, Lincoln, Wisbech. Either of those 4 have better opportunities than Boston. Doing a 10-13 hour day plus 40 min commute tbh will be too much. I know I tried it with a job in P’boro and Newark - it was too much (for me!).

PM me saying where you are and I can give you some firms worth trying. tbh you are in a better situation than I am.