Awaiting Driver CPC Card

Morning everyone,

As some of you may know I passed my Cat C test a couple of weeks ago. I completed all my Driver CPC modules on 29th August and I am yet to receive my Driver CPC card.

I phoned the DVSA yesterday and was told there had been a problem with their system and the card would be sent out in due course. I’ve already waited the 20 days for it so as you can imagine, I am feeling frustrated to say the least.

Agencies won’t allow me to sign up with them until I have all 3 cards (I have the updated driving licence and tacho) and I have been offered an assessment and interview with XPO but they can’t give me a date until I receive the Driver CPC card.

Has anyone else been waiting for their card? And, if so, how long have they had to wait for it?

I’m planning on being a pain in the ar$e to the DVSA by phoning them every day til I get the card. Does anybody know any way of fast tracking this?
I know I’m impatient but I need to start earning money toot suite. :smiley:

Thanks for your input. Jo

I’m in the exact same boat as you mate. Bored to death of waiting, i’ve been waiting 19 days now. Takes the pish i need get earning money, didn’t think it’d take as long as it has to get driving so i’m skint now lol!

Dee Dee 2012:
I’m in the exact same boat as you mate. Bored to death of waiting, i’ve been waiting 19 days now. Takes the pish i need get earning money, didn’t think it’d take as long as it has to get driving so i’m skint now lol!

Yep i certainly feel your frustration. Have you phoned them? I phoned again today and no joy at all, they told me it hadn’t even been processed yet.

I’m on 21 day wait and counting. Hopefully it will be here very soon. :unamused:

YES! I passed everything before the end of August, and I have not had my CPC card yet. I’ve been waiting 20 days or so. I’ve decided not to apply for any driving work until I have everything I need all together, I’m just going to stay in my retail job until it all comes, but this wait is not ideal.

I searched Twitter and they made some posts about their system having issues, it’s obvious something has gone wrong and we are the victims!

I’ve emailed, they asked for a copy of my Mod 4 and case studies pass letter, and they’re now “following it up”. :unamused:

You can drive on your certificate, I did back in May, agency won’t let you but there are companies that will let you.

I phoned them last night, the woman said there is no issues or anything just a huge backlog of cards to print and post. her exact words, which confused me was “Everyones left it until the last minute to get their cards.” whatever that means haha!

She also said, if you have been waiting longer than 20 days, there’s a chance it’s got lost and you should re-apply for a new one. She told me to ring back at 8am this morning, but obviously i havn’t done haha! YET…

I assume she was referring to the drivers with grandfather’s rights deadline for cpc was 9 September. But like i said you should already be applying for jobs as you are legal to drive and shouldn’t wait for the card to apply

A combination of the 9th September deadline and technical issues just before it.

They must know how far behind they are, shame they won’t say.

I phoned them again today and they told me my card is logged to be printed today and then posted out. The lady told me it could be up to 10 days before I receive the card. :unamused: How does it take 10 days to post a card?! So frustrating.

I’ve been offered an interview and assessment but it’s their company policy that the driver has to have all 3 cards (licence, tacho and Driver CPC) with them when they attend. So here’s hoping the card arrives well before the 10 days.

My card has come today.
The woman on the phone to me told me to book a new card if it hadn’t come within 20 days.

I’m still waiting for mine. I just phoned and it was suggested I should wait another week (as the 20 days starts from when the DVSA forwards the application to their office(!), which apparently took over a week), then phone them back so they can “raise a claim with Royal Mail”, but I am 99% it’s not even been sent.
No mention of a backlog or problem at all, naughty. :smiling_imp:

SJB:
I’m still waiting for mine. I just phoned and it was suggested I should wait another week (as the 20 days starts from when the DVSA forwards the application to their office(!), which apparently took over a week), then phone them back so they can “raise a claim with Royal Mail”, but I am 99% it’s not even been sent.
No mention of a backlog or problem at all, naughty. :smiling_imp:

I’ve phoned every day since last Wednesday, yesterday they told me a new card had been ordered for me on the 20th September. What the hell that is about I don’t know, apparently it can still take up to 20 days to arrive.

I checked online today and they have finally updated the CPC section and I now have Cat C on there. Fingers crossed it will only take a couple of days to arrive by post, but I won’t hold my breath. What a shambles they are at present.

You may get a different story depending on who you talk to. :unamused: