C+E training course this week at Peter Smythe

:smiley:

All i can say is you won’t regret your decision.

I done my class 2 training and test with Chris MC at Peter Smythe Training 2 years ago and received the free accommodation as i had travelled 170 miles there and 170 miles back.

The training was outstanding, second to none, the vehicles and equipment is what I’d call new but i know pete doesn’t like to call a 3 year old vehicle new.

Chris MC is an amazing teacher and you’ll be in very good hands.

If you get hungry while at the B&B there is a McDonald’s 3 minutes drive down the road, and in the opposite direction a string of takeaway shops.

I’ll not hesitate to return to do my class 1 with Pete, i was even lucky enough to meet the man himself back in 2017 and went for a drive with him, a genuinely really nice guy and easily likeable.

Good luck with the test bamberg!

Booked my class 2 for October with these guys. I’ve been a pain in the backside for them the last year or so with endless questions and visits, yet they still let me book on!!!

Can’t wait now, they’ve been absolutely brilliant. I have no doubt they will give me the best possible chance of passing.

Good luck [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’m also going there in October. 600 miles or so one way :laughing:

Best of luck to all you guys. We have a massive reputation to live up to but it’s a pleasure to do just that.

Anything I can do to help, you know where I am … on here!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Sounds like a normal first day with fair progress being made. (I had a sneaky word with Chris this afternoon and he confirmed to me that this was the case - so that’s good).

Try to get a good night’s sleep; best of luck for tomorrow.

bamberg:
Cheers Pete

Always hard to judge where you should be at on a first day , Chris is confident so I’m sure with a few hours tomorrow I can iron out the bits that are annoying me :smiley:

Gaz

Good luck mate. I did my Class 1 & 2 in 2017 with PSTT - I drive arctic double deckers for Royal Mail, best decision ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really good that the reversing penny has started to drop! Let’s hope it drops completely before the test. But I remember mentioning to you the wisdom of taking a major shunt if you find you’re lost or struggling. So pleased that’s been taken on board.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

I am reading all these and dreading the fact that my training is in 3 weeks… I booked with pass protection though;)

Good luck with your test!

I was gutted when I found out that it hadn’t come right for you today. The positive to take from this is that you completely understand what you got wrong and what to do about it next time.

Pleased the reverse went well; next time it will all come together.

Best of luck with it,

Good luck for the October retest and thank you for the write-up.

Hi Gaz. Reversing: dont be afraid to take a shunt - or two. If you shunt, make it count. You can, as you know, go all the way forward to the end of the reversing area. If there’s any chance of the trailer or unit getting too close to the left hand perimeter line (the one in front of the workshop), go forward. Imagine your car is parked there and figure out if you’d go forward or just risk it!

In the rain: you already know this. But double your separation distance between you and the vehicle ahead. Work a bit harder on the approach to green traffic lights - - if they change it’ll take longer to stop.

All the very best with it; stay cool and you’ll be fine.