Starting from scratch

Hi everyone. New class 1 passer with no experience as 1 and 2 both recently passed.
My question is I have no idea about securing a load etc. I’ve no experience in the haulage industry.

If I start with an agency and I’m told there’s ur wagon and there’s ur delivery notes etc am I expected to get straight on with it?
The only thing I learnt for literally 1 minute was a torsion bar.

I’m worried I’ll be left scratching my head looking like a fool.
How did all of you start around this area. Thanks

Ask other employees about anything you’re unsure of. You’ll be surprised how much help is at hand [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Wherever you get your start, explain to them that you’re new and haven’t done this sort of work before. There will always be someone around who will help you out. There’s no such thing as a stupid question, we all had to learn once

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Do my pics look out of focus to anyone else or is it me :question:

ROG:

ROG:
Do my pics look out of focus to anyone else or is it me :question:

ROG:

Your HGV’s at the bottom are blurred to me [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I have got those and the fireworks all blurred :unamused: :unamused:

Hi, as everyone else has said - just ask the friendly looking experienced drivers.

I had never used a digi tacho until my first day driving (the CPC drivers’ hours module didn’t have any theory practice).

I watched YouTube videos and said to the driver I was on the job training with “I’ve never used a tacho in the flesh.” So he showed me. He also showed me how to annotate my c*ck up when I made a manual entry showing I worked non stop for 11 hours instead of break :wink:

He showed me how to open and close a curtain side etc. Plenty of people are happy to help.

Same asking an experienced driver to be a banksman if you have to reverse in a tight yard etc.

Honestly if you asked me politely for advice on something I was skilled at I’d happily help you.

Trucking is just the same :slight_smile: