Have you ever got stuck or clipped a railing?

I’m watching trucking vlogs and some of the turns they take look very sketchy and I can’t help wonder how many truckers have taken a turn and clipped a railing or a parked car, or realised they were turning in too early and tried to back up and got stuck or just caused themselves embarrassment?

Videos like this spring to mind youtube.com/watch?v=3AD9wGVOslw

In my opinion the driver actually did very well not to hit anything but my god he must have been so embarrassed with everyone gawking at him. To be honest my biggest fear when I think about becoming a trucker is clipping things when corning or getting stuck…

TruckerWannabe123:
I’m watching trucking vlogs and some of the turns they take look very sketchy and I can’t help wonder how many truckers have taken a turn and clipped a railing or a parked car, or realised they were turning in too early and tried to back up and got stuck or just caused themselves embarrassment?

In my opinion the driver actually did very well not to hit anything but my god he must have been so embarrassed with everyone gawking at him. To be honest my biggest fear when I think about becoming a trucker is clipping things when corning or getting stuck…

In that clip above first thing would be to drag those bikes out the way.
Done that more than once in central London.

In a crowd situation, ignore all the hand waving and to me to you and left hand down crap, it just confuses you so tune them out and get out and look

for the amount of use the plastic police wifey was giving and with all that waving its surprising she didnt drown the driver… :slight_smile:

Never got stuck, but do remember a few scrapes. I was at a place once and I asked one of the guys could they ask someone to move their car. The Manageress came out and told me it was hers and could I do her a favour and hit it so she could write it off and claim on the insurance!

Another time a warehouse worker guided me onto a bay that had roller shutter doors and I was supposed to stop a few inches from it. ‘Back, back, keep going, a little bit further’, lots of arm waving and BANG, right into the doors. When I got out the cab the little sod had disappeared. :laughing:

TruckerWannabe123:

part of the job of being a Professional Driver,is getting yourself in and out of difficult situations! far from the driver being ‘embarrassed’ about all the people gawking etc.,…the more elated he’ll feel with himself when he’s successfully completed his manoeuvre :slight_smile: