Class 2 pass with stobarts

Just wanted to give anyone looking for a provider a heads up regarding Stobarts driver training.

I’ve travelled from Essex to Daresbury to train with them for four days with test on the fifth, and i can whole heartedly say I’m beyond chuffed I chose them.

Both instructors, Paul for class two and Alan for class one were absolutely Fantastic, and all the staff at Breadbury test centre were excellent too, especially my examiner for the test Megan, who made me feel incredibly at ease on the day…
I suffer with horrific anxiety and what with being away from home, the costs involved, strange area and the obvious pressure associated with handling a wagon I really was a mess on test day, well all week lol but with my tutors help and her calm kindness on the day I managed a first time pass with only three minors.

So I’d just like to say to anyone contemplating using them, please do consider them as they are absolutely brilliant, and dual learning was a real bonus too as it allows you to learn from each other, help each other and ultimately get better, glad my pal for the week was also a top lad and he passed too so it shows it can be done without detriment to you as an individual.

Now yes it’s a bit more costly but the knowledge you get from the instructors and their decades of hands on experience, straight shooting approaches and bloody good senses of humour really is invaluable.

Plus training in a new area was for me atleast a very good way of doing it, as it really does make you focus on the task as hey who wants a bill from a strange council for squashed kerbs when they get home [emoji38]

Again they made the whole learning process a true pleasure to go through, and were extremely professional, and diligent with their methods and even gave us a sneak peak around HQ too which was cool, it definitely gave me a good bit of inspiration to get Class one done ASAP so I’m very greatful for that too [emoji106]

Only criticism is the yards infested with wasps hahahahaha so be warned if doing it at Daresbury centre lol but hey it added a dynamic to my concentration level, ■■■■■■■ stripey ■■■■■ [emoji38]

So with that I wish anyone looking to train all the best, and if their reading this a HUGE Thankyou to all the Stobart staff Including the office team who have been very very helpful too!!

Right, off to rest me brain abit now and get it proper sorted ready for round two…

Good Luck all [emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

You covered it in your post but was going to say that taking a test in a different locality can be helpful, focuses the mind and that and makes you concentrate on the road markings/signs etc.

If you think about it that’s what you’ll be doing in the real world once driving for a job anyway.

:smiley: :smiley:

Congrats pal, nice to hear about their training centre and helpful for other potential drivers. Are you going to get work with them too?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Benja2802:
(…) Are you going to get work with them too?

I think they only do Class 1 work?

Rav

Benja2802:
Congrats pal, nice to hear about their training centre and helpful for other potential drivers. Are you going to get work with them too?

Cheers all for the kind words [emoji41]

They only have class one roles I believe, but I suppose in time what with all the changes within logistics, town/environmental planning and all the other elements in the equations they may use rigids more…
But for now as far as I’m aware it’s C1 only jobs upon completion of the course with them.

Can’t wait to get on with C1 now, but I’m in no rush, want to do it proper and ideally first time, just coz of the costs is all.

Benjie83:

Benja2802:

They only have class one roles I believe, but I suppose in time what with all the changes within logistics, town/environmental planning and all the other elements in the equations they may use rigids more…
But for now as far as I’m aware it’s C1 only jobs upon completion of the course with them.

Can’t wait to get on with C1 now, but I’m in no rush, want to do it proper and ideally first time, just coz of the costs is all.

Fair point on them only doing class 1.

I passed my class 1 a few weeks after doing my class 2 (June and August). I’ve just worked on the rigids since getting experience but I feel pretty comfortable in them now and with the work and want to get up on the class 1s now and start getting used to them and use the license as that was always the aim.

Good luck on your journey mate and keep us posted. Always good to hear about other new drivers.

Benja2802:

Benjie83:

Benja2802:

Fair point on them only doing class 1.

I passed my class 1 a few weeks after doing my class 2 (June and August). I’ve just worked on the rigids since getting experience but I feel pretty comfortable in them now and with the work and want to get up on the class 1s now and start getting used to them and use the license as that was always the aim.

Good luck on your journey mate and keep us posted. Always good to hear about other new drivers.

Massive likewise bud, let us know when you hit the big league hahaha [emoji109][emoji109][emoji1634]

All the best chap [emoji41][emoji41]

google.com/url?sa=t&source= … 8023130908

All the basic info can be found here including costings, I couldn’t say about the costs of their finance agreements but they do have a basic calculator for a rough idea.

If anyone else has any qs, I can’t currently reply to PMs, hoping staff can sort why, so please pop a question in here and I’ll do me best to share what I know from my experience of it all…

[emoji1634][emoji41]

Benjie83:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://eddiestobart.com/careers-and-training/driving-school/&ved=2ahUKEwjrqrGjvcPkAhWHXsAKHSKiAlUQFjAAegQIBxAC&usg=AOvVaw3kSQQllmtGmEsqR_42a2e6&cshid=1568023130908

All the basic info can be found here including costings, I couldn’t say about the costs of their finance agreements but they do have a basic calculator for a rough idea.

If anyone else has any qs, I can’t currently reply to PMs, hoping staff can sort why, so please pop a question in here and I’ll do me best to share what I know from my experience of it all…

[emoji1634][emoji41]

Hello mate, thank’s for sharing your experience with them. My plan is to do exactly the same but in Northamptonshire.

Could you please tell me how the whole training process works with Stobart from beginning? Where to start from? How long will it take to get class 2 and then class 1?
I’ve already filled in online application on their website. Waiting for reply from them. I am just worried how many days I will need to book off my work for training…

Benjie83:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://eddiestobart.com/careers-and-training/driving-school/&ved=2ahUKEwjrqrGjvcPkAhWHXsAKHSKiAlUQFjAAegQIBxAC&usg=AOvVaw3kSQQllmtGmEsqR_42a2e6&cshid=1568023130908

[emoji1634][emoji41]

Dandrix:
Hello mate, thank’s for sharing your experience with them. My plan is to do exactly the same but in Northamptonshire.

Could you please tell me how the whole training process works with Stobart from beginning? Where to start from? How long will it take to get class 2 and then class 1?
I’ve already filled in online application on their website. Waiting for reply from them. I am just worried how many days I will need to book off my work for training…

I’d assume IF you already have your theory, hazard, mod2 then IF you pass the 5 days of class two training it will then be a case of waiting to get your licence back from dvla… (can take 14 days!!)… then soon as its back, ring stobart to see when they can start your class one training fella [emoji106]

Benjie83:

[emoji1634][emoji41]

Dandrix:

Benjie83:
I’d assume IF you already have your theory, hazard, mod2 then IF you pass the 5 days of class two training it will then be a case of waiting to get your licence back from dvla… (can take 14 days!!)… then soon as its back, ring stobart to see when they can start your class one training fella [emoji106]

Ok, thank you!