B Taylor & Sons - Training & Job

Not sure if you get an job advantage doing training with them although I don’t think getting in with them would be hard whoever did training. They don’t ask for 5 years or likely give you an assessment I suspect.

Didn’t train with them but met the training guy on my class 2 test day. Seemed friendly enough although didn’t worry about presentation too much - likely an old school driver and not the good type we get on here.

I have a feeling the training class 1 truck was a manual back then but that might have changed, but seen it doing deliveries so presumably its fairly well “bedded in”. Not sure what they use for class 2.

Pay - bottom line unless they seriously improved it which I doubt. Did hear about £8.50 hour for class 2 not long back which might explain why they need a lot of agency drivers.

Job - loading in morning is nuts, as in absolute chaos with nothing pre loaded so everyone fighting to get done. Trucks at least for agency (and likely new drivers) were well worn which is being rather polite. Long timers get the newer ones.

Lots of multi drop to daft places inc houses and crushed pallets seemed to be the norm. “Its Taylors” with eye roll was a phrase I heard a lot from customers.

I only did agency occasionally on class 2 and it suits some people, but they they really aren’t fussy who they get and they don’t seem to care too.moch about a good rep. Also have heard VOSA rather like to talk to their drivers (from a long term driver there). :slight_smile: