Hiab courses?

Hi guys, Peter Smythe came highly recommended on the forum to do my class c but I’m struggling to find a hiab trainer to book a course with decent reviews. Can anybody recommend a hiab trainer for a novice, preferably up north.

Cheers

Where abouts are you?

Doh, didnt read you post properly. I only know the south sorry. Cant pete help?

If you are anywhere near (or within Yorkshire) use Tockwith Training just outside York. Awesome training school! :grimacing:

Ukcinc:
Where abouts are you?

I’m based in Warrington but I’m willing to travel, Petes residential course was brilliant.just looking for similar but for hiab

Garbo2018:
If you are anywhere near (or within Yorkshire) use Tockwith Training just outside York. Awesome training school! :grimacing:

Tockwith has been top of my list so far to be honest

Theres a company down my way called 2start, you name it they do it. Not sure they do residential courses though.
Fyi the are based in Portsmouth.

I think Tockwith is also residental if you live more than 70 miles away.

Callumwool:

Ukcinc:
Where abouts are you?

I’m based in Warrington but I’m willing to travel, Petes residential course was brilliant.just looking for similar but for hiab

I used Enterprise for all of my training (class 2, class 1, cpc and adr), and I can’t fault them for anything. They are based in Manchester, but looks like they now have something in Warrington. enterprisetransporttraining.com/HIAB/About

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Redrose training based near Bolton

Does this help? = trainingmentor.co.uk/hiab-training/

Garbo2018:

Tockwith are one of the few places to have their own Hiab vehicle to do training with, certainly the only one I’ve seen in the north so for that reason they’d be a sound recommendation. As for them being “awesome”… :unamused: Although they’re a very well known outfit with a long history, I can’t agree with your assessment, I have some highly significant criticisms of how they handled my class one training (done within the past 12 months).

Zac_A:

Garbo2018:

Tockwith are one of the few places to have their own Hiab vehicle to do training with, certainly the only one I’ve seen in the north so for that reason they’d be a sound recommendation. As for them being “awesome”… :unamused: Although they’re a very well known outfit with a long history, I can’t agree with your assessment, I have some highly significant criticisms of how they handled my class one training (done within the past 12 months).

I had no problems when I did my C+E with them back in November (had Rob as my instructor). Hence why I put the glowing recommendation on this thread.

Did you have a different instructor when you did yours?

If you want please send me a PM about your experience with them. This is so we don’t drag this thread off topic.

My advice is don’t pay for it out of your own pocket.
Pay is not much better and they usually only need hiabs due to it being a tiny building site or some other equally crappy place.