Job application timing advice please

I passed my Class 1 earlier this month and got my DCPC, Tacho card etc and ready to start applying for jobs.
This is a complete change of career for me but I have a commitment in my current job that I’d like to fulfil before I leave so wouldnt be looking to start a driving job until Monday 23rd September.
Im looking for advice about when to start applying for driving jobs.
Im wondering whether it would be a bit soon to start now but then having to telling potential employers that I cant actually start for a month?
Would they just look for someone who could start pretty much straight away?

I don’t know whether or not you’ve done any cat C driving but if not it’s a big ask for a potential employer to keep a job open for over a month for a new driver.

Do some cat C or/and cat CE agency work on your days off and gain some experience, it will help when you do start applying for jobs.

tachograph:
I don’t know whether or not you’ve done any cat C driving but if not it’s a big ask for a potential employer to keep a job open for over a month for a new driver.

Do some cat C or/and cat CE agency work on your days off and gain some experience, it will help when you do start applying for jobs.

Thanks for the reply. No I’ve not done any driving since passing both tests.
You’ve kinda confirmed what I was thinking in that it’s probably too soon to start applying for permanent positions.
I’ll get registered with an agency and see if I can pick up something in the meantime.

Getting some experience on agency whilst you’re still employed might be a good idea; it also might help you with getting more permanent work when you leave your present job.

But I would also go round companies and stick your head through the door and introduce yourself, ok the fact you’re not available straight away might put most off, however you never know what the plans are for some businesses and if you don’t get any luck first time they might remember you when you go back a second time.

There might be a branch of Driver Hire near you. Mine (Teesside) gave me work a couple of days after signing up with them.

Garbo2018:
There might be a branch of Driver Hire near you. Mine (Teesside) gave me work a couple of days after signing up with them.

That almost sounds like an advert, because driver hire near me are absolutely dog ■■■■ and there are better (although still [zb]s) agencies available who will again get you working straight away