Driver Training South Wales

Hi,

I’m looking to start my Category C training within the next couple of months.

Can anyone recommend a trainer in the South Wales area?

I’ve had a look at Crosshands Training near Llanelli and they seem pretty decent just wondered if anyone could recommend anyone else.
I tried Cot Solutions Training but they offer training 2:1 which kinda put me off straight away.

I looked on the tips section but only Big Wheelers was recommended.

Failing finding something local, I’m very tempted to go up to Peter Smythe Training as I know he has an excellent reputation and facilities. But the only thing I’m concerned about is not being familiar with the roads in that area.

Thank you in advance

Being familiar with the roads was also something that worried me - but surely driving for a company after you’ve passed, you won’t be familiar with those roads either? I’d say it’d be good training. As long as you follow the signs you’ll be ok? Also, the training companies usually know the test routes or areas so they take you on those to get you used to it.

I would avoid 2:1. My training was 2.5 hours for 4 says so a total of 10 hours then the test. For all of the money it cost, I’m glad it was 1:1!

Good luck with your journey

Hayley

Thanks Hayley and Congratulations on your pass, knew you’d nail it this time, I’ve been watching your YouTube vlogs :smiley:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing myself about PSTT. It’s definitely up there and being highly considered.

2 to 1 can be VERY helpful as you are learning from the errors made by the second trainee even if you are at different driving standards

I have instructed on both 1 to 1 and 2 to 1 so I state that from experience over a couple of years

It’s not unusual for folks to be concerned about not knowing the area. So I’ll just point out that we are very fortunate to have no complicated roundabouts or junctions and only 3 weight limits spread over all the test routes. It’s valid to say that you should be able to drive anywhere. But it’s just as valid to mention that that’s ok when you’re not on test. We’ve run residential courses for many years with huge success - which is why we continue with it. Few trainers are able to offer the facilities we do and that alone is enough for many to choose us.

Add to that the lack of negative feedback and it seems a good option to me!

Have a great day everyone, Pete :laughing: :laughing: