Driving Assessment.

blueovalcraig:
Surely they could allow you to set the tacho to ‘out of scope’ for short assessment drives? Wouldn’t that make things simpler?

That is the only solution really. As the previous poster has said; for a driving assessment you are not driving for ‘hire & reward’ - thus not working and no obligation to put in a tacho card. But as I have experienced the interviewer will expect you to put in your tacho card because they couldn’t care less.

Best bet is put the card in and hope your current employer doesn’t notice - your card only has to be read every 5 weeks so you could delay it further. Or refuse to put the card in and see what they say and let us know the outcome.

As folk have said the company should have a company card. I was surprised in my last job that the mechanic put his card in to take my truck for the MOT (he forgot to take it out and so I had to take it in to control). For maintenance there is no requirement for a tacho card to be used. Some firms use it for the timesheet but that firm use the tracker so that’s not the case.