C+E pass with PSTT

Passed my Cat C a month ago with PSTT and went up to do my Cat CE last week. I only had a short course for the CE, So 1 day training then test the following day.

My training day went well, straight into the reversing practice which I pretty much nailed every time then out for a few hrs driving. Thought I might struggle only having one days training but it went really well. I felt relaxed and confidant.
So test day, out to the reversing area, bang, no shunts and straight into the space. I was relieved. My drive also went very well, had some nightmarishly narrow roadworks to negotiate at the end of the test route which made me breath in but I got through and back to the training area without incident.

Those magic words again… Congratulations you’ve passed. :smiley:

So I passed with 3 minors, I was well chuffed.

Next was my MOD4. A a bit of training then the test. Smashed it.

So after nearly a year (thanks DVLA!!) of messing around I’ve finally got my C+E Licence. Now to find a job. I can’t wait to get going.

Cullina is my first port of call as they are taking on new drivers and only 5 mins down the road from me. That’ll do me so I can gain some valuable experience.

So I’d just like to say a big thank you to Peter Smythe and all his instructors. It was an absolute pleasure learning with you all. I think the words fun but thorough would be appropriate here.

Congratulations on the pass and thanks for the kind comments.

I will just let folks know that our CE courses range from just one day to 20 hours depending on what vehicle is used (w+d or artic) and any prior experience.

All the best for the future, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

congratulations on the C+E pass , did you do this as artic or wagon and drag? just booked with Peter for C+E and did an assessment drive for a bit of an idea with another training company local to me (cheeky I know but seen this suggested before ) took the artic out for an hours and went really well on the drive but couldn’t get the reverse right on the yard as my mind was working in rigid mode not opposite lock . wondering if there’s any advantage in ridge with draw bar or artic ?

must have been ok as they recommended 14 hours plus test to pass in artic

gaz

bamberg:
congratulations on the C+E pass , did you do this as artic or wagon and drag? just booked with Peter for C+E and did an assessment drive for a bit of an idea with another training company local to me (cheeky I know but seen this suggested before ) took the artic out for an hours and went really well on the drive but couldn’t get the reverse right on the yard as my mind was working in rigid mode not opposite lock . wondering if there’s any advantage in ridge with draw bar or artic ?

must have been ok as they recommended 14 hours plus test to pass in artic

gaz

I did mine in W&D and really didn’t have a problem. 1 days training was fine for me. I’ll learn the ropes in an artic when I start my new job. I’m lucky in that the company I’m hopefully going to work for put you with an experienced driver for a month.

Yes the artic is different, but after watching the artic reverse a few times in Pete’s yard I can’t see much difference apart from a bit more steering input and a different pivot point.

Bottom line is what you can afford. Artic is more expensive than W&D. So sort your budget and make your choice. Whatever you choose, good luck.

Thanks for the congratulations.

Roll on my first day at wherever I start work.