Rich2012:
I accidentally went through a 7.5t weight limit in Thirsk, do you get a fine or points?

Fine up to £1000 no points is what I found on a google search

All depends if there was any cameras or police to catch you.
Even if there was, you might still get away with it. A driver where I work did the same thing, police sent a letter to our company warning them that if any wagons went that way then the driver would be fined, but no action on that occasion

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I went through one in Stroud yesterday. On a roundabout (the double one) I justvdidntvsee the signs until I just past the point of no return.

The daft tging us coming back the same way isnt a 7.5t limit.

For a start you have to get caught !

If it’s exept for access then don’t worry.

Have to go down them regularly. Not once have I been stopped and asked where I’m going.

If it’s compulsory and you didn’t get stopped at the time while on it then I wouldn’t worry.

Worst case might get an arsey resident thats taken a photo and complaining to your boss and the council. Your boss will apologise and tell them youve been crucified, hung drawn and quartered and fed to the pigeons.
That will be the end of it.

Weak bridges are the big ones. Often camered. They can get expensive and land you in court.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Yeah it was an except for access sign

Then there’s absolutely no problem. Except for access basically makes the restriction sign meaningless

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

break em daily becuase alot of my drops are in these tiny villages, rare you get caught and if i do i just show the officer im delivering in that place and no other route to access.

Last Wednesday I was coming from Hull with a full load of pickled onions for Greencore in Selby. Came to the roundabout where the A63 meets the A19 at Barlby, and I noticed the A19 South (bypassing Barlby) was shut due to roadworks. However, my sat-nav kept trying to take me down the closed road, so after driving around the roundabout three times, I decided in the end to drive through the 7.5 tonne limit (except for access) through Barlby itself (even though the sat-nav went into panic mode)!

So far as I’m aware, there were no locals waiting for me at the other end with pitchforks and pickaxe handles!