CookieMonster:
I used to do retail work for several different companies when I was a lot younger, they all used the same excuse for denying us a break, not being entitled to one unless you worked over 4 hours. If I’d only heard it once I would have thought it was ■■■■■■■■, but I heard it so many times from so many places I just began thinking there must be some truth in it. Although this link seems to lend it some credence citizensinformation.ie/en/e … reaks.html

This one also suggests that a break is only needed for shifts of 6 hours or more
gov.uk/rest-breaks-work
Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Right, you’re forgetting that “mobile workers” have a slightly different set of wtd rules to follow, thanks for explaining why you came to your interpretation, I was genuinely curious how you thought what you thought, thing is I’ve never been anything other than a mobile worker so I don’t know the other ‘regular’ wtd rules.

scadden:
So this flash card is wrong? because the way I’m reading it, up to 6 hours, you have to have 15 minutes, then if you go and do an extra 3 hours you have to have a 30 min break

As tachograph said the card is right but your interpretation is wrong, having (hopefully) already taken 15mins between 0 to 6hrs of shift time you now only need a further 15mins to add up to (accumulate) 30mins to satisfy the 6 to 9hr wtd shift rule, and it’d be the same if you were going to go beyond 9hrs you’d need to have a further 15mins before 12hrs shift time (if you hadn’t already) to accumulate 45mins total break (so that’d be 3 x 15mins spread over and inbetween the three stipulated periods).

This is purely wtd breaks btw I’m not talking driving breaks but a break is a break and satisfies either rule whether it’s wtd or driving hours regs, just remember that a second split driving break would have to be a minimum 30min break though and would more than likely end up resetting the wtd and driving regs times and satisfy the wtd rules up to 12hrs and beyond (though you may very well have a scenario like ROG explained above so be sure to understand and remember his example too).

See, easy isn’t it, we don’t need this poxy drivers cpc at all… :smiley: