LGV Multiple choice or LGV Driver CPC theory?

Hi

Now that I have passed medical and have my provisional, I am about to book, what one should I book, looks like they are both 100 questions, but seem to be different price £26 and £23 respectively.

petedajag:
Hi

Now that I have passed medical and have my provisional, I am about to book, what one should I book, looks like they are both 100 questions, but seem to be different price £26 and £23 respectively.

If you have no LGV C1 already on licence then there are 3 theories -
Mod 1a theory
Mod 1b HPT
Mod 2 CPC theory

Many book them all on the same day and if initial booking says they are hours apart ignore that because the test centres ask if you would like to do the next after finishing one in 99% of cases

Once again ROG, thanks.

I have now booked all 3. Seems to be busy, earliest date is 13 Aug!! Plenty time to study.

You have the option of using a different centre which may reduce the waiting time. Having said that, 3 or 4 weeks is normal unless you pick up cancellations. It’s worth checking the site regularly to see if there’s anything going.

All the best with it,

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Cool Pete, thanks!

These tests ain’t a breeze like I’ve heard from some people here, I failed theory (83/100) 1st time by 2 wrong answers and passed (90/100) 2nd time.
Passed Hazard Perceptoon (84/100) 1st time and failed CPC Case Study (39/50) by 1 wrong answer, fine lines!
Advuce for anyone sitting these is study plenty (which I did) and take your time, you have plenty!

Hi all i should not be really commenting on this part of the forum, as im 75 driven all my working life, However i come across a app on my phone connected to the HGV theory test for new drivers, i feel sorry for you all that you must answer some of the questions they ask.

AS for a retarder i have never seen or heard of a truck used by UK haulers ever using trucks with them fitted i did 22 years in Europe when belive me retarders were needed before all the new roads in SPAIN.
it seems to me you need a lot of driver training to comprehend what some of the questions are about i can assure you i would not have passed if i was in your shoes ,it seems too much theory, get plenty of miles in i would say that is the key to pass. you learn by your mistakes, throughout your driving career.

Yeah, people say if you score well in the theory then you’ll breeze the Mod 2 but I think that’s dangerous advice, I got 99/100 in the lorry theory (and 99/100 for my bus theory too) my theory knowledge is pretty solid, but the Mod 2 was challenging, I did get through it first time but 6 wrong (44/50) but several ‘only slightly educated’ guesses which, if I had got most of the guesses wrong would have seen me fail!

I had not less than 6 questions about OPERATOR LICENCES! It kept cropping up again and again in each study. By the end I was like “oh FFS!”. Restricted, domestic, national, international etc. That didn’t really come up in the theory much at all (other than ‘check it’s on display’). A lot about the paperwork required for international work as well - CMR, TIR etc. Many questions about restraining pallets, rollcages etc as well, but for these, much like many other questions, I found difficult to select the “BEST” answer, even some of the easy questions had two answers which you could easily argue either way about which answer is the “BEST”, I would go as far as to say you only got it correct if you agreed with the person that wrote the question’s opinion!

Horrible test really, glad it’s over with, bloody CPC. My advice to anyone reading this in the future is to learn the boring stuff even if you think it’s irrelevant to you because they gave me ALL of that rubbish!

SJB.i am completely in the dark as what the new drivers have to learn ,are you saying that a driver of a artic class 1 could have questions of an office nature and operators license, is it because if they ever want to be a owner- driver , blimey they have not got their license yet.is this type of training all over Europe.?dbp

SJB, I agree with EVERYTHING you said in your post. I sat mod 2 CPC for the 2nd time today and left my seat thinking WTF! I guessed far too many answers and that was me studying for hours and hours. I was feeling so low, got my stuff out the locker and handed licence to chap at desk who asked ‘change of career for you is it?’ I responded by saying ‘yeah, but Im struggling with this part!’. He then said ‘well you dont need to worry about that you passed…I think, hold on and ill check again’ 43/50, thank luck!

Glad these tests are all behind me. For anyone having to do them, use all the time you have to read the question 3 or 4 times if you’re not sure of the answer, also answer can sometimes be in the case study (guy at desk gave me this advice and it helped, as something I didnt really notice 1st time round)