Mild (double vision) MEDICAL

Hey People! I applied for my Class C provisional and something came up on my Medical. The Doctor wrote " Brief mild diplopia on testing " Offcousre its a red flag for dva and its in the hands of Occupational health. I have a couple of questions that I would like your opinion on.

The Doctor who performed the test (from work) tested my field of vision without my glasses on. is that the proper procedure?

When he was waiving his finger in front of my eyes I felt this was very close , It was a split second I thought I seen double, and im not even sure I did. you can imagine if a finger comes so close a lot of people would get a little bit of “diplopia” !!

Im waiting on word from DVA , what can I expect?? :unamused:

Thanks in advance for the input

Bob

If you want an expert opinion on your eyes go to a registered optician and explain your problem, Doctors are Doctors and Opticians are Opticians, and they will have all the equipment to properly check your field of vision etc.

shullbit:
If you want an expert opinion on your eyes go to a registered optician and explain your problem, Doctors are Doctors and Opticians are Opticians, and they will have all the equipment to properly check your field of vision etc.

I wonder why they have doctors that are not trained in that Field doing eye tests! Its beyond me

Anyone know what the procedure is from here?

Bob124:

YES - You send D4 medical form to DVLA and if they find an issue they will send you FOR FREE to your nearest DVLA approved medical place to have the issue assessed

It is procedure to test without glasses, unless you have declared to the DVLA that you need to wear them permanently while driving. If I remember rightly, this will be indicated by a (1) at the end of your driving licence number. If you have declared to DVLA then you can be tested while wearing glasses, but be aware, if you are caught driving and not wearing glasses, you can be prosecuted for not driving under the conditions of your license, and it could validate your insurance as well.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thanks fellas for the replays, much appreciated

Frustrating waiting on this to come through. I still have not hear anything from DVLA in writing telling me whats wrong,although my eye sight has been flagged . waiting game …

UPDATE

Got a letter from DVLA stating that i need a optician report from my OWN optician stating if my condition can be controlled.

Guess what, my optician found no evidence of diplopia! He wrote me a report and now I need to send it away.

Is it all straight forward from here? I appreciate all the input guys

ROG:

Bob124:

YES - You send D4 medical form to DVLA and if they find an issue they will send you FOR FREE to your nearest DVLA approved medical place to have the issue assessed

That did not happen, they sent me to my own optician. I am actually afraid that this keeps going and they send me to thier own medics. Its been going on so long i feel like giving up, just a feeling, I will not give up :smiley: