Questions from a newb

trevHCS:
Suspect you might gave to wait longer for licence to return after sending off medical forms since car drivers don’t need to inform DVLA but truck / bus drivers do. They tend to be stricter on “professional” drivers than cars. Don’t think you need to send off that form initially but would need to be declared on a medical.

gov.uk/kidney-dialysis-and-driving

As for timing, personally I’d seek the route of having those days off as you could easily be doing 12+ hour days depending on job.

You don’t want to be doing that along with treatment as if you had an accident, they might look at your timing and decide you’d not had enough sleep, ie: you’re in serious [zb]. They throw the book at us, them the entire bookshelf (and Kindles hurt! :slight_smile: ).

There are plenty of companies who’ll start afternoons like logistics companies. Pretty sure Culina had something like that for example and others will too. Also avoids the parasite agencies. Most likely the bigger logistics companies will have a bigger range of shifts. If you do treatment early, you might be better off sticking to early starts.

Where theres a will there’s usually a way, just a slightly more complicated path perhaps.

Great help mate! Ill look into that, dont want Dome’d with a kindle :laughing: I was unsure about agencies, I guess i’ll need to do them anyway to get some of the experience ill need to begin with,