Digital Tacho

Just a quick question, while revising for my CPC case studies I learnt that you have to download your digital Tacho card every 28 days. Im guessing your employer would have something in place to do this. If working for an agency do they also have to have the means to do it?

RobA:
Just a quick question, while revising for my CPC case studies I learnt that you have to download your digital Tacho card every 28 days. Im guessing your employer would have something in place to do this. If working for an agency do they also have to have the means to do it?

No the agency do not have to download the driver card, only the transport company you’re working for are legally obliged to download and keep the the data from your driver card.

When you’re working for an agency it’s not unusual for the transport company you’re working at to download the driver card every shift, some companies will download your driver card at the start and end of every shift.

edit: Just to add that the drivers only legal obligation is to make the driver card available for download, if a company doesn’t download the driver card when it’s available it’s their problem not the drivers.

RobA:

I’m employed.I tramp.And download mine when i finish my weekly shift.Be that Friday or a Saturday.And yes.The firm has the machine in place.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk