Best Training Company (Scotland)

Hi folks,

Was thinking of doing HGV C and possibly C+E tests/courses.

Looking for feedback from some Scottish guys/gals on where you found good for your course in Scotland?

So far average for HGV C seems to be around £1100 - £1500 with everything included such as CPC, theory, medical etc.

I did see one company doing training > http://www.nasscotland.com who do appear to be an agency as well and post a lot of jobs, was thinking if done with them then might be better going forward for them putting me into work.

Whereabouts in Scotland are you?

Ritchie’s in Springburn have good rep.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Just outside Glasgow, near Clydebank. Springburn ain’t that bad distance wise. Much are they?

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

markdoc10:
Just outside Glasgow, near Clydebank. Springburn ain’t that bad distance wise. Much are they?

They are all very much in same ball park wherever you go.
I know Ritchie’s do a payment scheme to make it easier on your pocket.
Have had a good reputation for years.

DF40:

markdoc10:

They are all very much in same ball park wherever you go.
I know Ritchie’s do a payment scheme to make it easier on your pocket.
Have had a good reputation for years.

Got you. Where you based yourself? Would you mind if I messaged you a couple questions?

Wishaw. No probs

I’ve got my C booked with Alex McAra from perth in the next few weeks, everyone who’s trained with them have recommended. Might be a bit of a trek for yourself though

Connall:
I’ve got my C booked with Alex McAra from perth in the next few weeks, everyone who’s trained with them have recommended. Might be a bit of a trek for yourself though

Nice one, good luck with it.

I was looking at AngusHGV up in Carnousite one of cheapest I’ve came across small company and lot of good reviews on Facebook. Sometimes I like a small company as they can have more time and you dont feel as rushed/more personal experience.

Would need to pay for digs though as its 2.30hrs away so that’s 5 hours driving each day just to get there.

Perhaps one to check out for anyone that stays up that way though.

I done mine at Ritchie’s class 1, class 2 and ADR always been spot on over the years and I’d recommend them to anyone.

Tam French down in ■■■■■■■ has a training side. They have a good reputation and cheap as well less than £1500 all in for both classes if I remember correctly. I know two lads who’ve trained with them and said it was spot on. One even went straight on a bulk tipper with them after passing his artic test.

harrawaffa:
I done mine at Ritchie’s class 1, class 2 and ADR always been spot on over the years and I’d recommend them to anyone.

Tam French down in ■■■■■■■ has a training side. They have a good reputation and cheap as well less than £1500 all in for both classes if I remember correctly. I know two lads who’ve trained with them and said it was spot on. One even went straight on a bulk tipper with them after passing his artic test.

Thanks buddy just checked their facebook page out, look good with good reviews.

Would be awesome if could do both classes for that price, if so would defo be best I’ve seen!

Spoke to someone today who is doing their class 1 with French from ■■■■■■■ in November.
Apparently £300 cheaper.
Cheaper not always better though.

DF40:
Spoke to someone today who is doing their class 1 with French from ■■■■■■■ in November.
Apparently £300 cheaper.
Cheaper not always better though.

Yeah spoke with them to earlier today, they’re £160 + VAT per day for training

But difference is they assess you to see how many days you need and most are getting passed with 3-4 days training so I think thats where the price difference is coming from.

markdoc10:
I was looking at AngusHGV up in Carnousite one of cheapest I’ve came across small company and lot of good reviews on Facebook. Sometimes I like a small company as they can have more time and you dont feel as rushed/more personal experience.

I passed my C with them on the 11th of June. Decent company.