New learner! Any tips/advice?

Hi everyone!

New member here and my first post. I’m currently training to get my class 2 then class 1. Completed my medical and received my licence back, just waiting on a date for my theory test. Had great help from Dave Hughes Driver training so far so looking forward to getting everything complete.

As a newbie i’m looking for any tips/advice anyone has regarding sitting my tests/learning and once i’ve become a qualified licence holder!

Looking forward to hitting the roads. :sunglasses:

Thanks in advance!

Adam

Have you checked out the link in my signature below :question:

Hi Rog,

I hadn’t but just had a read through! Some fantastic information. Highly appreciated

Bigladtrucker:
Hi everyone!

New member here and my first post. I’m currently training to get my class 2 then class 1. Completed my medical and received my licence back, just waiting on a date for my theory test. Had great help from Dave Hughes Driver training so far so looking forward to getting everything complete.

As a newbie i’m looking for any tips/advice anyone has regarding sitting my tests/learning and once i’ve become a qualified licence holder!

Thanks in advance!

Adam

Go for agency work to start of with after passing class2 and class1 to gain experience, thats what i did 19 years ago.

Railroad 666:

Bigladtrucker:
Hi everyone!

Thanks in advance!

Adam

Go for agency work to start of with after passing class2 and class1 to gain experience, thats what i did 19 years ago.

Thanks for the advice! Luckily my Driving school offer a free interview after i pass so hopefully that will get my foot in the door! Living in the north east it looks like there seems to be a lot of jobs on offer!

In regards to your theory tests, i would say study, study and study some more. There are a number of apps and mock tests you can use. I had a app that i would go on when i was at work (on a brake,cough). If you fail any of your tests, dont worrie. I past my driving test yesterday after 3 trys.

Hi,I’d say practice as much reversing as possible and don’t take any criticism personally…most drivers are cool but some are looking for an opportunity to badger new drivers.

Where abouts in the North east are you

Ukcinc:
In regards to your theory tests, i would say study, study and study some more. There are a number of apps and mock tests you can use. I had a app that i would go on when i was at work (on a brake,cough). If you fail any of your tests, dont worrie. I past my driving test yesterday after 3 trys.

You did that whilst braking??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigladtrucker:
Luckily my Driving school offer a free interview after i pass so hopefully that will get my foot in the door! Living in the north east it looks like there seems to be a lot of jobs on offer!

A free interview…? Is it normal to have to pay for job interviews in your world??

This sounds like a stitch-up between agency and “driving school” to me…

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

The DVSA official LGV theory book is what I used. It’s £12.62 from Amazon and the majority of the questions in my actual theory test were from the book! I think they have an official app too.

Good luck with your journey

Hayley

glabrate:

Ukcinc:

You did that whilst braking??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hahahaha :smiley:

Newcastle22:
Where abouts in the North east are you

I’m teeside based.

Sorry for the late reply to everyone, appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Passed my hazard perception, multiple choice and mod 2 first go. Followed by my class 2!

Class 1 booked for the week after next and my mod 4 too. Looking forward to it!

Hayley293:
The DVSA official LGV theory book is what I used. It’s £12.62 from Amazon and the majority of the questions in my actual theory test were from the book! I think they have an official app too.

Good luck with your journey

Hayley

Thanks Hayley! Been watching your videos and subscribed, looks like you’re loving the transition from your old job! Makes me excited to get behind the wheel. :smiley:

Just an update.

Passed my class 1 and Mod 4 today. Absolutely over the moon!

Just need to wait for my cpc card and licence to come back and hopefully apply for some jobs and get my foot in the door. Excited!!! :sunglasses:

PASSING CE ARTIC.jpg

PASSING CE WD.jpg

ROG:

Thanks Rog!

Congratulations!! [emoji4]

Hayley293:
Congratulations!! [emoji4]

Thank you! Just watched your taco video and it was great! Been applying for a fair few jobs this evening so now i just have the waiting game! (And keep applying of course)