Thank you PSTT!

Good Morning all,

Just wanted to say Monday i passed my class 2 test and MOD4 first time :smiley:. The people at Peter Smythe’s are absolutely fantastic! I loved every minute of it (aside from waiting for my tests monday morning). I had my training over the weeked and was worried that two days would not be enough to cover it, once i got in the cab my instructor said i took to it really well, only needing telling how to do my reverse exercise once (which was perfect) and then every time after that did it alone perfectly with 0 faults.

All in all the weekend course was fantastic, i did wonder if i would be left feeling exhausted and i wasnt at all, if anything i was left wanting more.

I chose to drive the 60+ mile journey home Saturday afternoon and drove back Sunday and stayed at the Central (own expense) then test on Monday morning at 10:20 following my MOD4.
Everything ran smooth and i passed first time with only 2 minors (one generalized, failing to plan ahead regarding a white van man charging through a gap is was already coming through the 2nd was adequate use of speed, i didnt anticipate the steep hill on the M1 and dipped to around 45 before realizing and planting my foot).

Throughout the whole process PSTT were fantastic and answered every question i had, the instructor was fantastic and i had the added bonus of being trained along side someone else at the same time (he had a different instructor), this meant we could compare our progress and talk to each other and our instructors to find our weak points etc.

Sunday night and the realization had sunk in, i have two tests tomorrow!! I was very nervous, overthinking everything i had done, i set off early and sat waiting in the reception area from 9am, the receptionist was LOVELY and talked to me the whole time and told me not to be so nervous and if i came in and wasnt nervous she would be worried.
Once i passed my MOD4 that was a little pressure off, my examiner was fantastic throughout that and really helped nail in some points.

On to the big test, the other trainee from the weekend had his test before mine and came back with a big smile, passed first time, FANTASTIC news!!!
He told me the examiner was great and dont worry, i got in the cab with the examiner and while being a little flustered he allowed me to sort my head out before we began.

Reverse went through easy enough although i nearly hit a cone (FOR THE FIRST TIME!!), then onto driving, long story short i thought i had failed but got back and he told me id passed with 2 minor faults and one serious issue he had to nail in to me before he left.

He made me aware that when checking my blind spot i was actually doing it wrong, i thought i should look down the drivers door when actually i should have been looking over my right shoulder. Complete fail on my part to understand what i was supposed to be checking (i assumed cyclists creeping up my side).
My instructor told me but i must have been doing it wrong and he must not have noticed where i was looking, my examiner said i could have been failed for it but he felt it unnecessary as i was obviously checking something, my aim just needed adjusting so he was happy to pass me and explain to me.

Sorry for the long winded post, all in all my experience was nothing short of amazing!! I came back with the result i wanted and my other half already had a multi pack of yorkies ready for me :slight_smile:.

Pete, when you read this can you send me a PM to price up my Class 1 please :smiley:.

Thanks again to everyone involved from my medical right through to my test you have been awesome!!!

:smiley: :smiley:

Hi Matty

Thank you for the kind feedback and I’m really pleased you enjoyed your course with us.

Pete is now on annual leave for a few weeks but I’m sure he will read this when he returns

I’ll drop you a PM with the cost of the CE course

Thanks again

Tracey