How would you deliver here

Finished

The parked cars opposite may be an issue

ROG:
The parked cars opposite may be an issue

They can only be parked there a certain time so in the morning when I would be delivering they wouldn’t be there.

I’m seeing single yellow lines near the car park entrance… assuming you’re offloading cages, could you not just park on the road?

Wildarmtins:
I’m seeing single yellow lines near the car park entrance… assuming you’re offloading cages, could you not just park on the road?

That’s what I thought initially as well but the regular driver when I was speaking to him mentioned reversing into the loading bay. It’s all pallet based work but it looks smooth ground anyway so could probably do it parked on the road.

Farmfoods Larkhall has their service yard in the B&M car park

so they get their deliveries in the morning before any of the shops are open so that the car park is ( hopefully ) empty :smiley:

I wouldn’t reverse in there at all. I’d drive in park along the side of the shop with the unit in the corner where the black bin is meaning my back end and tail lift were closest to the door of the shop.
On the way back out I’d reverse out on to Hanover street in the general direction of the houses and parked cars. Slight blindside but easily manageable as the car park will most certainly be empty when you’re doing your delivery.

You’ll probably find Farmfoods will supply you with a specific route and info on exactly how they want it done as is common on most store delivery work.

Don’t overthink it too much as it could be different depending on tome of day. If they have any sense, they’ll know when the cats can park so will give you that info on the sheet.

Coop for example give you a printout with directions (usually useless), plus pics of delivery area and even pics of truck parked there. I know some stores are ultra early deliveries due to parking probs.

I’d also just park on the road and drop taillift by the dropcurb. Then away you go. Pity its pallets as cages are often easier for stores. Oh and don’t rush!

Thanks for the help folks I’m pretty sure they have those delivery sheets now that you mention it.

Tooz:
Farmfoods Larkhall has their service yard in the B&M car park

so they get their deliveries in the morning before any of the shops are open so that the car park is ( hopefully ) empty :smiley:

Just had a look and that’s an awkward looking one. All the Farmfoods stores I’ve been to have awkward loading areas and they only use artics with big trailers as well.

Should start a game on here of how do you deliver to this store haha

Go into the side road off Cross St, pass the entrance and reverse in.

To quote the merecat “simples”

The main reason I would do it from the road is so you don’t block the car park. God help you if the great unwashed cant get to their frozen chips and turkey twizlers for a few minutes.

(I suspect Iceland amd Waitrose deliveries are even worse).

Suppose you could reverse in off cross street

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up cross st, into Hannover st, then reverse into yard, job done.

biggriffin:

Arabella:
into the side road off Cross St, pass the entrance and reverse in.

This

Jimmy McNulty:

biggriffin:

Arabella:
into the side road off Cross St, pass the entrance and reverse in.

This

Looking at it this is the best idea actually. Thanks for all the help everyone

trevHCS:
The main reason I would do it from the road is so you don’t block the car park. God help you if the great unwashed cant get to their frozen chips and turkey twizlers for a few minutes.

(I suspect Iceland amd Waitrose deliveries are even worse).

Garden centres are just as bad :imp:

Can imagine garden centres are worse as they congregate there before or after visiting Waitrose especially midweek since they don’t have a job to go to.