Failed Cat C

So well as the title says i failed, and yes i was my fault well kind of.
So on test day nervous as anything, instructor takes me for the warm up and evening is fine, no problems just a couple of hints from him everything thing is fine.

So we go out on the test, the reverse is fine probably the best i had done.

Feeling good about my self. We pull over for second, and then he tells me to drive on when ready, i do my check then off we go…knob head left it in N, doh!!! anyway we move on to a set of traffic lights idiot goes onto the wrong lane, but no problems, i will just go in to the right hand lane a take the minor. However what seem like for ever i pull off forgot what i was doing i want into the left lane, and thats when i here the mortal words, STOP…you can imagine what i was thinking.

So at the end of the test we get he said you where fine untill the mistake and then you went right down hill.

Sorry to hear about that. For future reference, leave the truck in DRIVE until you return to the test centre. Absolutely no requirement to use neutral once you’re out of the test centre.

The other stuff: I’m sure you’ll have a word with yourself about that and you’ll be fine next time.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers pete,
It was one of the panic moments where,could i leave it in drive or not? The other things where stupid mistakes that shouldnt of happened.
It all went down hill after the big mistake. I know i was rushing after that i just wated it to end.
When i wait at roundabouts i feel as though rush. One instructor was all about speed and the other was, all about waiting untill it was safe no matter how long it takes.
But how long is, un-due hesitation?

Ukcinc:
But how long is, un-due hesitation?

FOREVER if it never becomes safe to proceed

Every situation is different

Cheers rog

sorry to hear, at least you know what your minors and can smash the re-test.

I agree with Rog, take your time, it doesn’t matter if it takes 30 seconds for a gap or 2 minutes for one.

Thanks Bert,

Its been a long slog to get here, but i am not going to give up now. Yes i feel like rubbish by failing. But i know i can do it.

I failed mine twice and it knocked my confidence big time, especially since the second time I failed on the reverse 2 minutes into the test! :open_mouth: It really knocked me and made me think am I just crap at this? It was unfortunate but I have booked another test and a refresher… go again, you’ll get it! :slight_smile:

Truth is from what you say you aren’t ready to be let loose on your own with a 32tonne 4axle vehicle with a massive turning circle and that’s what your licence would have entitled you too. Practice makes perfect and there’s no room for nerves out on the road alone.

ukjamesuk:
… there’s no room for nerves out on the road alone.

Probably would not have them - only in test situations as many do

Morning,
Thanks for the replies over night.