So I took the 3 theory mods, in one sitting

1A,1B, and 2…

Now my advice to anyone thinking of attempting this is, be absolutely sure your fully charged mentally if your going to attempt the three at once in a Pearson center, and seriously try and plan for any eventuality like my little tale below…

I arrived for mine yesterday, and it went too ■■■■ from the off.

First off I find the only parking machine and space left in my town, despite many plans of backup…
I then find that no change is given, and at £6.40 for 5hrs that really narked me it stole my 60p [emoji38]

So I arrive to the centre 20 mins early to be told all the software is down, its 1000c in there, and it’s absolutely rammed with folk, people sat on the floor ffs and if u did want some comfort it’s plastic chairs on metal bars, just make sure your comfortable with your personal space as you will be invaded…
I chose to ignore the one loan chair [emoji1787]

Staff, fabulous.

Now I’d only budgeted enough parking to allow me 30 minutes to finish, get back to my car, and go before the £100 fine kicks in so imagine my horror that I’m now 45 minutes behind schedule.
Anyway staff were wonderful and offered me the option to take all three back to back to help with my time restraints, and were extremely encouraging towards me for being mad enough taking all three at once, let alone in one go, very rare apparently…
No pressure there [emoji38]

11.35 start, knocked out the 1a, now too 1b, and the next issue is 10 questions in my booth neighbour starts.
He decided to have a melt down at the equipment/staff right in the middle of the one test I feared most, 1b, and thus really put alot of us off mid flow, at this point my chair is starting to twitch…
A total an utter prick he was, spoke to the lady like filth when all she did were offer him support, told her to ■■■■ off, banging the equipment, just being a total runt…

Alas bless her she simply said OK, called security and had him ejected, luckily myself and couple other fellas had all decided to push our attention on the situation and I think he realised he were getting out to sea abit to quick for his own good, sadly i weren’t gonna sit an watch him get violent to a lady no matter what the situation I were in.

Was also glad I wernt alone on that one either, still decent folk about…

Sadly I know I lost a couple of questions at that point, but for me I were raised with morals over matter, hey ho only £11 and a trip back at worst [emoji1787]

Onto part 2, yip glad I looked about on here for this one, as dvsa is useless for study material on this SO PLEASE USE THIS FORUM/MEMBERS WISELY as it’s saved me

Be sut to get your knowledge on documents for transportation of goods abroad up to speed a bit, so CMR, TIR Stuff, look into groupage, multi modal, and ferry breaks, really study the Euro Stuff as best as you can!!

Alas I’d banged em all out by 1.30, staff even bought me a glass of water in mid test as I think they could tell this mild mannered, respectful chap was gonna wrap a chair round a head at one point, they really couldn’t have been any better the staff on site, really did help to ease the stress, and dealt with the trouble very well indeed, and offered some very good advice too.

The word ‘banana’ wasn’t used but the ‘click, one second, click’ was suggested as the formal approach for the word banana which they all smiled about [emoji38]

So the results were in.
Approached the desk, chap looks at me and says, well done fella, I said yeah I’m sorry but I were struggling not to wrap the chair over his head…

He Laughed, thanked me and the other chaps for showing our awareness for the situation and then says to me, just relax now, you’ll be just fine, hands me my three sheets, gives a solid handshake and says all the best fella, and well done…

Me being me, I’ve assumed he just being nice as he don’t want the chair over his head either [emoji38]
So I took me whares, thanked the other members of staff who were both lovely ladies, wished the other chaps a good speed, acknowledged there are good lads on this planet between ourselves and thus i jogged on my merry way.

Now Ive waited since 1.45pm yesterday till now to open the papers aaaaaand…

Ive passed all 3 [emoji15][emoji15]

I don’t know how to be honest, as the hazard test was completely different to my dvsa material, not to mention the definate loss of clips.

I’ve checked the ink, it’s definitely permanent so I’m now just waiting for the wife to come home and check I’m not going mad and their deffo passes [emoji38]
At worst I’ll nip back into the centre later just to make sure they acknowledge they are genuine…

Anyway to anyone who’s read this, please please please make sure that mentally your aware of anything that could or may happen on the day as the stress around the tests is enough alone, despite planning well in advance my times, parking, back up parking, childcare, and the like.
Sadly the rest of the day was up to the gods and definitely didn’t help with my anxiety but if you can get as much in order around the test situation, then your ahead of the stress game.

Would I recommend all 3 in one go, no. [emoji1787]
But cost X3 for fuel, parking, making the time to go, loss of income, childcare arrangements… sadly negated bollox to it, he who dares was the only option, missed the D-day flyover too which really really ■■■■■■ me off on top but hey ho…

So yeah sorry for the rant but I just felt I’d share something back to here, hopefully it may help drop a thought into a head, take away an un needed stress and help you get through it too…

Stuff the scores I care not, pass is a pass and now I can look to improve by hopefully getting into the industry and learning it as I go [emoji106]

Right I’m off for a whiskey.

All the best to anyone who may have a read of this and be at this point, remember just chill, study, and dare to win as the wise man says [emoji6]

Good luck and good speed to you all[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Firstly, well done on doing the “right thing” with regards to the troublemaker.

But I disagree with the advice not to take all 3 tests together. It’s something we’ve done for years without disaster though not everyone will pass all 3 first time. I doubt if that would change if the tests were booked separately.

The general attitude seems to be that folks want to get the theory tests done, dusted and out of the way as quickly and painlessly as possible.

And despite the parking pressure and the incident in the room, you still managed to pass all 3. So congratulations!!

All the best with the next bit,

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Firstly, well done on doing the “right thing” with regards to the troublemaker.

But I disagree with the advice not to take all 3 tests together. It’s something we’ve done for years without disaster though not everyone will pass all 3 first time. I doubt if that would change if the tests were booked separately.

The general attitude seems to be that folks want to get the theory tests done, dusted and out of the way as quickly and painlessly as possible.

And despite the parking pressure and the incident in the room, you still managed to pass all 3. So congratulations!!

All the best with the next bit,

Pete [emoji38] [emoji38]

Thanks Peter [emoji41][emoji41]

All I can say is, I will never sit them again.
I’m now officially a member of the 10% under every speed limit club, I am giving myself no room to ever attend a Pearson centre again [emoji106][emoji38]

Out of 50+ people only one other was hgv related, he were taking just his mod 2, everyone else car/bike…

Honestly though I am glad I did them all in one go, purely as you say because they’re done lol but never again [emoji22][emoji38]

Benjie83:
I’m now officially a member of the 10% under every speed limit club, I am giving myself no room to ever attend a Pearson centre again [emoji106][emoji38]

I assume your reffering to getting 6 points in first 2 years, i have always assumed this just applies to your car licence

shullbit:

Benjie83:

I assume your reffering to getting 6 points in first 2 years, i have always assumed this just applies to your car licence, can anyone clarify?

Anything that may cause me to ever need to go and do them again bud [emoji38][emoji38]

Been driving 18+ now so I hope the 2yr rule don’t apply to these new passes, so yeah if anyone could clarify that I’d love to know too…

LAW = the 6 max points in the first two years applies only to the first test you pass so for most that is the car licence (not sure how it works with motorcycles if you pass that test first)
gov.uk/penalty-points-endor … ew-drivers

There isn’t another 2 year period if you pass a test for another category of vehicle, for example to drive a heavy goods vehicle.

ROG:
LAW = the 6 max points in the first two years applies only to the first test you pass so for most that is the car licence (not sure how it works with motorcycles if you pass that test first)
gov.uk/penalty-points-endor … ew-drivers

There isn’t another 2 year period if you pass a test for another category of vehicle, for example to drive a heavy goods vehicle.

Really appreciate that, thanks ROG [emoji106][emoji106][emoji41][emoji41]

I did 2 together and passed both, couldn’t do 3 as there were no slots available to book, otherwise I’d have done 3 too

Congrats, I did all 3 recently as well but failed the one I thought I would be the easiest.

Craxxiss:
Congrats, I did all 3 recently as well but failed the one I thought I would be the easiest.

Cheers bud…

All the best on the retake [emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I did 3 tests back to back but had to wait almost 2 hours as they didn’t have everything set up. Where I leave there are tests once a month so if I had failed I’d have waited another month… Then I realized it didn’t matter as couldn’t agree on days and time with a local training company…
Passed all 3 easily but make sure you have water or something to drink as I has a sore throat and staff had to help me with glass if water:)