Driving hours query?

Hi guys/gals…

Basically I’m confused on the driving hours. When I have a 45 min break say I have driven 4hours do I lose the remaining half hour or can I use them later on in the shift providing I have the necessary breaks and don’t exceed my daily 9/10hour?? If that makes sense haha! Tia…

45mins only resets the 4.5hour driving , that 30 mons is still there to use later
Driving time is any time driving excluding breaks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you have a break at 4hrs you then have 4.5hrs until you must take your next break. Say you have a break at 4hrs, then again at 4hrs; you will still have upto 2hrs drive time left (if extending). If you’re not extending then you have 1hr drive time left.

You do not lose your 30mins due to taking a break early.

I do supermarket work and typically have my break as 15 (for wtd) then 30 and rarely even pass 4.5hrs driving

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Put it another way.
Your allocated 9hrs driving.
How you use the 9 hrs is up to you but you must not exceed 4.5 hrs without a break.
As said you don’t loose any driving time in used unless your out of duty time.

Youngscottishnewbie:
Basically I’m confused on the driving hours. When I have a 45 min break say I have driven 4hours do I lose the remaining half hour or can I use them later on in the shift providing I have the necessary breaks and don’t exceed my daily 9/10hour?? If that makes sense haha! Tia…

Regardless of how many breaks you have you never lose any part of the unused daily driving limit.

See if this post helps:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=123738&p=1924193#p1924193

Thank you guys for clearing that up!! Much appreciated :smiley: