Study material for becoming HGV driver

Hi all.

I am pretty confused as to what reading material I need for passing CPC.

I have bought Hazard Perception DVD and Official DVSA Theory Test for Drivers of Large Vehicles.

Do I also need Driver CPC for Professional Goods Vehicles or will Theory Test book cover that?

Thanks

MODULE 2 PRACTICE
MODULE 4 TEST QUESTIONS AND VIDEO

More info etc in the link in my signature below

Thanks ROG. I have bookmarked them from previous posts.

So am I right in saying -

Part 1 Theory - use my book and cd.
Part 2 Case Studies - use your link
Part 3 Driving ability - 35 hours practical training
Part 4 Practical - use your link

petedajag:
Thanks ROG. I have bookmarked them from previous posts.

So am I right in saying -

Part 1 Theory - use my book and cd.
Part 2 Case Studies - use your link
Part 3 Driving ability - 35 hours practical training
Part 4 Practical - use your link

Part 3 is the practical on-road + reverse test (you train for that with your chosen LGV training school usually over 5 days which can be 1 to 1 half days or 2 to 1 all day with test on day 5)

35 hours is for driver cpc periodic training which you get within 5 years of passing parts (modules) 2 and 4 in your case as you do not have acquired driver cpc rights such as having a pre 1997 car license

The Cpc Case studies is basically all the info you learn for your theory test but asked in a practical way as part of a story and the mod 4 is basically 5 questions with show me tell me unless it’s raining then you just tell as they don’t want to get wet

Thanks lads.

So should I just return the book and dvd that I paid aound £35 for and just use ROG module 2 practice link?

Also, did I read somewhere that you should do module 4 when you do your test, save renting truck again?

I used the books then took them back for a refund when I passed my tests lol

I did my mod 4 as part of my 5 day training. Tell your training provider that you want your mod 4 they will add it on. make sure you do your practical training with an actual provider and not a broker cos they will have your eyes out. Go and have a look around don’t just book online or over the phone

Great info from members on this site, I am really excited about starting this. Just hope my eyesight is good enough for medical!

petedajag:
Great info from members on this site, I am really excited about starting this. Just hope my eyesight is good enough for medical!

If you can see a bridge, you have some other drivers beat :laughing:

If you go with Doctors on Wheels, they usually do a fairly priced medical including eye chart.

Yeah, Doctors on Wheels good, but don’t do further north than Sunderland, I am in Glasgow. They have one time available this Saturday and I am going out for a beer Friday, so will wait until next Saturday, unless anyone on here knows of a place that does mid week for around £50?

I used this place last month. It’s based in a GP surgery in Falkirk & costs £50 :smiley:
I’d definitely recommend it!
driversmedicalsolutions.co.uk/

Hi again.

Just passed my medical today and now completing D2 form. I am applying for C Cat, as I passed my driving test on 19/02/97.
From what I have read, I send completed form along with my driving licence and D4 doc, is this correct? I am not aware of any cost, am I correct with this also?

petedajag:
Hi again.

Just passed my medical today and now completing D2 form. I am applying for C Cat, as I passed my driving test on 19/02/97.
From what I have read, I send completed form along with my driving licence and D4 doc, is this correct? I am not aware of any cost, am I correct with this also?

Tick C & D only on the D2 form
Rest is correct

SCAN EVERYTHING BEFORE SENDING