Class 1 training with stobart?

I recently passed my class 2 with Peter smythe, I’m looking to move onto class 1 straight away. Just wondering if anyone has trained class one with stobart as its only round the corner from me.also heard a rumour that if you know an employee you get 25% off. With Peter smythe the pass protection was a big selling point for me, anyone got any experience with stobart?

Go with Peter, Stobarts will tie you into an employment contract (assuming its employment included) that will make you pay back the training if you leave before a certain time, and if you don’t like working for them, their costs could be a lot higher than if you paid for it with Peter. Also, the training will be more relaxed with Peter rather than Stobarts trying to get their way of working into you, and making you feel like you’ve got to pass by a certain point, putting unnecessary pressure on you.

Bear in mind that we offer Price Match on “like for like” courses.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Just had a look at the ES website out of interest. It seems that the CE upgrade is £1500 + VAT. There’s no mention of the test fee so that’s almost certainly on top. Gives a total of £1915.

I think our Trucknet rate of £1395 fully inclusive of VAT, test fee and free accommodation for those more than 70 miles away stacks up quite well. Pass Protection (covers 3 further tests) is £300.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: