Get Cat C and work as cat c driver, or get +E?

Morning all.

Have got funds to do my C+E however there’s an issue time off wise. I have 2 weeks off in july.
I assume it’s not possible to go from no licence to C+E in two weeks as licence will be with the DVLA having Cat C added to it.
I’m going to visit 2 companies today regarding test and lessons etc. I’m hoping that as a bus driver my cat C wont be an issue and can take fragmented lessons, every other few days as the rotas at my place are messed up, no one knows from one week to the next. is this advisable??
Companies seem to book for block bookings of 5 days which appart from july isnt possible.

Also. Would it be worth doing my Cat C and getting a job on the rigids and doing cat C+E later in the year?? I’m wondering wearher it’ll be harder tobget on the wagons with just cat C if you see what I mean.

All the best lads n’ lasses

Personally if times a factor, I’d look at an intense course such as a three day ie 2 days then test 3rd

I did my Cat C over 5 days and then CE over a weekend.

By far the 3 days was much better for me

It’s worth looking at.

If you drive a PSV now, I doubt you’d need a full 5 days to convert. It’s probably more cost than you’d need IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have thought that “fragmented” training might work perfectly well for you - if you can find a trainer who can accommodate that.
2 weeks is cutting it fine between C and CE though not impossible. I allow 4 weeks having had an unfortunate experience where 3 weeks had been allowed but the licence wasn’t back.

Best of luck with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Why not do C in your holls then CE over a weekend + mon test such as the forum sponsor offers - that is only one day off work if you do mon to fri job :bulb: :question:

You are counting your chickens

I would suggest doing class two over your holidays then getting a case of the flu.

Bus driving is the seventh circle of hell. Good luck with it, you won’t make your situation any worse! I would sooner do city centre multi drop than play chauffeur for the W anchors

LastTemplar:
I’m going to visit 2 companies today regarding test and lessons etc. I’m hoping that as a bus driver my cat C wont be an issue and can take fragmented lessons, every other few days as the rotas at my place are messed up, no one knows from one week to the next. is this advisable??

You say no-one knows the rota from one week to the next so I assume you’re talking about fragmented training as short notice.

Other people who have replied in this thread know far more about it than I do but the way I’m seeing it is this, lets say you want to start driver training next week and you find a trainer who can fit you in on one or more of your off days at short notice, will the same trainer be able to fit you in at short notice the week after or the week after that when you have different days off, to me it doesn’t seem very likely to be honest.

Thanks for the replies all. Well I’ve stumped up for my medical/theory tests/cpc etc. I think I’m gonna do my cat C over holiday and as been suggested my +E over long weekend.
As for the lessons I’m just hoping they can fit me in iver my holidays. If not then I can use another conpany thats more flexible but early days yet.

Drive safe all, cheers