Returning to truck driving - No CPC or card - HELP!

Hi everyone - I wonder if someone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction…

I passed my Class 2 back in June 2009 (paid for by a company I was working for at the time), but only drove for around a year and moved on to another job. Never did any CPC etc and never got a card.

Could anybody tell me how I would go about getting the required cards? I assume some sort of CPC?

Anyone else had this experience?

To be honest I don’t really fully understand what I need in place to start driving again

Thanks for your help in advance

Your digi tachometer card you apply for online then you will need to complete a CPC course 35 hours split down a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 hours driver cpc attendance training - no tests (try the forum sponsor PSTT)

Digicard needed - apply online NOW

• Check the expiry date on back of your licence for class B as that will tell you when you next need a medical.

• 35 hours CPC which is split into 5 day (7 hour) courses (usually classroom). All sorts of courses give CPC credits, but as mentioned Peter Smythe do a block I believe.

As an alternative, I did ADR with the aforementioned which gave me the ADR qualification plus 4 days CPC for roughly the same price as 4 days of just CPC. Two for price of one. Then you’d just need 1 more course for the 35 hours.

• Tacho card you can apply for anytime but earlier the better.

trevHCS:

• Check the expiry date on back of your licence for class B as that will tell you when you next need a medical.

I think you mean category C not B …

live9246:
Your digi tachometer card you apply for online then you will need to complete a CPC course 35 hours split down a week

ROG:
35 hours driver cpc attendance training - no tests (try the forum sponsor PSTT)

Digicard needed - apply online NOW

trevHCS:

• 35 hours CPC which is split into 5 day (7 hour) courses (usually classroom). All sorts of courses give CPC credits, but as mentioned Peter Smythe do a block I believe.

As an alternative, I did ADR with the aforementioned which gave me the ADR qualification plus 4 days CPC for roughly the same price as 4 days of just CPC. Two for price of one. Then you’d just need 1 more course for the 35 hours.

• Tacho card you can apply for anytime but earlier the better.

Awesome, thanks guys. Not as bad as I thought haha

I’ve applied for the card now, just looking at ADR course now

If you don’t do an ADR course (these are about £450 round here) you can expect to pay between £60 to £90 per 7-hour block of CPC training.
Right now there’s quite a few people who are only just realizing that they need it all done before 9th September 2019, so course places might be harder to find as time goes on.

Unless things have changed, because you had grandfather rights to the DCPC and you havn’t had a DQC you could do mods 2 and 4 of the initial DCPC instead of the 35 hours periodic training.

I don’t know of anyone who’s actually done mods 2 and 4 instead of 35 hours periodic training that cannot be failed but it’s an option.

Take ADR or a 5 day course of CPC. Why take a test you may fail and have to retake that you never had to take ie MOD 4 ?

tachograph:
I don’t know of anyone who’s actually done mods 2 and 4 instead of 35 hours periodic training that cannot be failed but it’s an option.

I did and wish I’d gone down the 35 hours route. The mod 2 and 4 can be failed and if you have a pre 97 licence its a right royal pain to book those two tests.

I think the 35 hours likely teaches more too as long as you do sensible courses with decent tutors.

ADR just has the advantage you get 2 courses for roughly the price of one if you do it somewhere that has a CPC registered course (not all do).