Renewing lgv licence

Hello. My father lgv licence expired. So he is doing medical now. Question is when he will be able to drive lgv again? As soon he sends application or when he gets new licence?

Dziunster:
Hello. My father lgv licence expired. So he is doing medical now. Question is when he will be able to drive lgv again? As soon he sends application or when he gets new licence?

When it appears online gov.uk/view-driving-licence will be legal BUT most want to see the physical licence before employing

And dont forget driver cpc.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Well he has CPC and lgv drivers job. The thing is he missed the date so his licence expired today. So he can’t work. Today and tomorrow he is going to do medical to renew his licence, he need to do medical every time he renew his licence becouse he is old. So I wonder for how long he can’t work.
So online will show when he can drive again yes?

Or can he keep driving lgv now, while renewing his licence?

Dziunster:

Only if DVLA say he can by letter

Dziunster:

You may be thinking about “Section 88” which allows you to continue driving while DVLA carry out their medical enquiries. In order for this to apply, your (correctly completed) renewal and medical forms must already have been received by DVLA. You cannot use Section 88 to continue driving if you haven’t yet had your medical and returned your forms to DVLA.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk