Over your driving hours

I’m just wondering what happens if you get caught up in a serious traffic incident which takes you over your driver hour’s, once the traffic is moving again? Do you have to pull over at the first junction looking for a lay by, or continue on the motorway until you reach a service station to stop in?
Also what is the protocol if your at the end of the week so need maximum rest period and your truck doesnt have a sleeper cab?

If over hours then find the nearest SAFE PLACE to stop and have a rest or break
Make manual entry on printer roll x2
Regs allow for this eventuality

Thanks Rog…

I just remember once being stuck in traffic on the M5 for nearly 4 hours after a crash, and I was coming off the next junction…so was just wondering if this happened and i was on the end of my driving hours…

If a accident happens I put my tacho on break mode so I can get the day moving. But it’s wrong doing it my way :stuck_out_tongue:

What happens if you go over a 15hr day by mistake… by say half an hour because you thought you started later then you did

Or if you go over a 10 hr drive by mistake… again… say not realising that you did

Both mistakes on the drivers part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark1284:
What happens if you go over a 15hr day by mistake… by say half an hour because you thought you started later then you did

Or if you go over a 10 hr drive by mistake… again… say not realising that you did

Both mistakes on the drivers part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today’s sophisticated software loaded trucks inform you of drive time, breaks needed, rest periods required, how many 9 hr drives you have or 15 hr days, driver error is taken out of the equation and replaced with complacency.