A W Jenkinson

Anybody here have any experience of A W Jenkinson?

I’ve had a look around for details on pay but can’t seem to find much?

I would contact them and ask.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Mrjen:

I went for interview it’s £450 basic 21% of the trucks profit £26 night out £15 a day meal allowance average take home seems to be about £625 take home a week all parking paid

Mrjen:

Use the Search Function of the Forum. There are a few topics about them on Trucknet.

Also ring them and ask, as Pete said.

Try Stobarts Biomass tas an alternative.

Thanks all, I did ring them and ask but was told it would be discussed at assessment, I just wanted some real world feedback.

sorry folks but this basic +21% of trucks profit ■■■■■■■■■ gets right up my nose! unless you get all the profit and loss costings on each job(and what company wants a driver knowing that!) you are just taking their word on what 21% is.,and even if it is all above board your pay potential is the hands of a dispatcher who couldn’t give a monkeys about you…all he cares is the vehicle makes a profit every day ,even a small one is ok.

AWJ have been about for yrs and people seem to stay around ……but IMO a good hr rate always beats a basic and % job because you know what you get at the end o the week.

sorry about the groans but I have been bitten by this % wage before …ran like a raped ape early stupid time starts and earned X ,and other times wombled about ,café breakfasts,solar powered and earned the same X.
jimmy.

JIMBO47:
sorry folks but this basic +21% of trucks profit ■■■■■■■■■ gets right up my nose! unless you get all the profit and loss costings on each job(and what company wants a driver knowing that!) you are just taking their word on what 21% is.,and even if it is all above board your pay potential is the hands of a dispatcher who couldn’t give a monkeys about you…all he cares is the vehicle makes a profit every day ,even a small one is ok.

AWJ have been about for yrs and people seem to stay around ……but IMO a good hr rate always beats a basic and % job because you know what you get at the end o the week.

sorry about the groans but I have been bitten by this % wage before …ran like a raped ape early stupid time starts and earned X ,and other times wombled about ,café breakfasts,solar powered and earned the same X.
jimmy.

^^^ Couldn‘t agree more.

The thing is, the driver rushes around, takes may be risks, is always under stress. This combination can‘t be healthy and wears every driver down.

If you cause any damage, every company will tell you „No need to rush“

Yes I’ve been in the Transport office for years before taking my test so the % element of salary does concern me, I’ve seen what happens when you don’t get on with your planner etc., your salary is at the mercy of somebody who doesn’t give a ■■■■ about you sleeping in a cab for four nights a week to get a good wedge to take home.

I’ve got an assessment tomorrow on a tramping fridge job, good sized business and hopefully a more transparent pay scale.

Mrjen:
Yes I’ve been in the Transport office for years before taking my test so the % element of salary does concern me, I’ve seen what happens when you don’t get on with your planner etc., your salary is at the mercy of somebody who doesn’t give a ■■■■ about you sleeping in a cab for four nights a week to get a good wedge to take home.

I’ve got an assessment tomorrow on a tramping fridge job, good sized business and hopefully a more transparent pay scale.

Good Luck with that Fridge Job Assessment. If you may point out on here

• what job/type of work your after
  • what area you life in

People could point in a out in a direction and give a few more ideas about jobs locally.

Thanks, I got an offer a day after the assessment which I’m really happy about.

AGRO Merchants at Whitchurch, really looking forward to getting going.

Mrjen:
Thanks, I got an offer a day after the assessment which I’m really happy about.

AGRO Merchants at Whitchurch, really looking forward to getting going.

Congratulations [emoji322] and good luck