Iveco exhaust and brake system question

Not sure if we have a maintenance/mechanical part to this forum so hope it’s ok to post here.

1st is a bit of a random generic truck question really,

Is it usual for an exhaust tale pipe to end under the body (in the middle) :question:

I have an Iveco 75e100 that i’ve ripped up the flooring, and first time i’ve noticed that the exhaust ends slap bang in the middle of the trailer body, not the end or side like i’d assume it would.

Ended up gassing myself, it won’t be an issue when the floor is back in but seems odd to me the heat of the exhaust gasses going straight up under the flooring?

2nd, does anyone know what this pipe would be called if i’m searching to replace it? It’s attached to the air tank for the hydraulic brakes and has a very slight crack in it so leaks very slowly. It has different sized nuts on each end, one 9/16" and the other smaller. Inside the nut is a small hole, I was hoping i’d be able to take apart and cut off the end of pipe with the hole in but can’t see how you dismantle it! :question:

Some exhausts do finish in middle as when moving air flow drags fumes out under body.

The pipe is standard nylon pipe, loads on eBay, you just need to measure outer diameter and inner diameter

As for releasing it, if you press the outer collet into the main body you can pull the pipe out. Might be stiff but it will pull out.

You can clean the inner holes then with silicone spray as there will normally be an o-ring in there that probably needs lubrication by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcgpx:
Some exhausts do finish in middle as when moving air flow drags fumes out under body.

The pipe is standard nylon pipe, loads on eBay, you just need to measure outer diameter and inner diameter

As for releasing it, if you press the outer collet into the main body you can pull the pipe out. Might be stiff but it will pull out.

You can clean the inner holes then with silicone spray as there will normally be an o-ring in there that probably needs lubrication by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilliant, thank you! That worked a treat :slight_smile: