Failed Cat C yesterday :(

So I got my first driving job back in January. They wanted me to complete a C1 license but I asked if I could do my Cat C instead to futureproof myself and them which they agreed to fund. Im wondering now if I made the right decision :confused:

Done 16 hours training with Gordon Springate in Maidstonewho seem really good!

I got to test day yesterday and thought I was most likely to fail on hitting a curb or mirrors.
Cut a story short it mostly went well until the last 15 mins when I managed to get 2 majors I came out on a mini roundabout and a car had to slow down, think I was nervous and traffic was heavy and worried I was taking to long,
then around the corner from returning to the test centre i recieved my 2nd for rolling back a tiny bit.
Again lots of traffic narrow roads and cars parked on either side with side roads and just after a roundabout, I stopped as noticed a car coming out of junction but didnt put parking brake on.

I knew straight away id failed after these.

Was so gutted and knocked me down a bit
I dont feel overly confident with entering roundabouts to be honest esp with loads of traffic.
Other than that I got 4 minors which I thought wasnt to bad.

My trainor wants me to go again with a few more hours training.
Im feeling the pressure as my job is relying on me passing :frowning:

Sounds to me like you have succom to pressure and nerves.
The driving tests are not hard, but you won’t get that until after you have passed.
I failed my class two first time, it was a hot summer day and with the stress I was sweating so much it was running in my eyes and I was basically blind and I went on a red filter light next to the main green light.
I flew through the second with no faults. When I thought about it later the day I passed, I thought how easy it was.

When I passed the class one first time, I thought I should have failed, but they passed me anyway! Now I slow down car drivers a hundred times a day. It makes me laugh to see the road rage on their faces!

Keep at it, you’ll get it next time! Worst comes to the worst, you fail a couple of tests and your employer gives up, so what? They have paid for all your training, pay for a retest yourself… then you own your license with no tie in to your current job and if you wish you can go elsewhere with no penalty.

That’s how I got my bus license. Arriva paid me to train and I got 4 weeks of driver training, 4 tests all fails on various things, all failed. Arriva dispensed with my services. I went to a driving school, 4 hours training and passed first time! (I will leave you to wonder how much of that was deliberate) so I went back to arriva to work. I hated it, 6 months later I left.
If I had passed with them and wanted to leave, I would have had to fork out 2 grand, the license cost me 300.

I’m not saying that’s what you should do, I’m just pointing out your options.

Keep at it, you’ll get it next time!

golden and so true

If you had gone to PSTT you probably would have passed first time. There’s not much traffic where he is located which makes passing the test so much easier.

Thanks for the words of wisdom guys! Im hoping my employer wont just say goodbye, i believe they will let you have 2 or 3 attempts then pay yourself.

I keep seeing about PSTT. Im wondering if it would be worth me going to them after the paid for tests by my employer and doin a few hours training then a test with them, thats if I fail again anyway. It was just silly things I think. Just misjudged the time I had to get on roundabout knew id failed then dwelled on it then messed up the handbrake!
Where is PSTT located to have low traffic levels? Thats very rare haha!!

Where is PSTT located to have low traffic levels? Thats very rare haha!!

We’re at NG17 3FW - not a million miles from Junc 28 M1. We have no city-type traffic and no huge multi-lane roundabouts that folks often have problems with.

Whilst we’d be happy to see you, from your post you’ll be fine next time. Bear us in mind for CE!

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Insist, persist, resist and never desist…

So thought I would give an update on my Cat C training. Had a couple of weeks off from training and my re-test was booked in for today with a couple of hours training before hand. I was a bit nervous and needed to brush up a few bits after the break. I then webt onto do the test at 12.15 feeling much more confident than the first attempt, helped by having a really nice examiner. Anyway im pleased to say I have passed with 5 minors which im happy with.
Thanks for the tips on this forum. I will be sticking around now I guess :slight_smile:

Congratulations on the pass!

I will be sticking around now I guess :slight_smile:

I hope so.

All the best for the future, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: