Infringement

Hi guys,

Today I got very serious infringement for driving over 7h without break, according to my software.

I got a bit confused as my tachograph did not warning me about anything as well as I cannot see anything on print out. Not sure if you can see infringements on print outs.

Anyway I had manual entry break which showed on unit as 15 min done. After few hours driving I done 30 min and that reset it my driving time on tachograph. Which I was sure it was ok.

Could someone advise what I have done wrong please ? To new to this heh

Learner driver…

If something you said to patient felt really good, for sure it was wrong thing to say - previous work experience :slight_smile:

A manager says “Go,” a leader says “Let’s Go” - John Maxwell

Your error was using POA as the software sees that as break

NEVER use POA if you want to rely on the tacho for driving time break warnings

ROG:

I am not really sure how I used POA. As on printout it show zero POA.

Is manual break entry is treated is POA ?

Learner driver…

If something you said to patient felt really good, for sure it was wrong thing to say - previous work experience :slight_smile:

Hi kalim, I see a break of 14min and a break of 13min, neither of which will count as a break which needs to be AT LEAST 15min.
Edit to add breaks taken before you start driving don’t count towards driving hours breaks

blackbart:
Hi kalim, I see a break of 14min and a break of 13min, neither of which will count as a break which needs to be AT LEAST 15min

Is 38 minutes break on manual entry does not count ? that what was showing as 15 min break taken on display.

Learner driver…

See edit to previous post

blackbart:
See edit to previous post

Thank you. never knew that unfortunately. Heh

Hard lesson learned. Hopefully no more mistakes like that. Already worried what if VOSA stops me heh.

Learner driver…

That 38 minutes Break didn’t count towards your driving time breaks because you did no driving before it. During your driving time you took breaks of 2 minutes, 3 minutes, 14 minutes and 13 minutes - none of which count as they are all less than 15 minutes in length. Then you took a 33 minute break - which was the only one that did count (as a 15+ minute break). If only you had taken an extra minute to make that 14 minute break up to 15 minutes, all would have been OK.

In a situation like that do your checks then spin round the yard to get 1 or 2 mins driving on tacho then stick it on break while you grab a coffee, that way it counts. Wouldn’t worry too much about a one off infringement, especially if you’re new, everyone makes mistakes.

kalim:
Is 38 minutes break on manual entry does not count ?

The 38 minute break added manually will count as a WTD break but not as a driving break because you hadn’t done any driving before having it.

You cannot have a driving break until you’ve done some driving.

kalim:
that what was showing as 15 min break taken on display.

I doubt that, if the tachograph was showing a 15 minute break it would have recorded a 15 minute break.

I’m guessing you calculated the break from the time on the clock instead.

This thread shows where you should be taking the break times from viewtopic.php?f=5&t=146150&p=2309253#p2309253

ROG:

My error - trying to read a printout without enlarging it first :blush:

tachograph:

kalim:
Is 38 minutes break on manual entry does not count ?

The 38 minute break added manually will count as a WTD break but not as a driving break because you hadn’t done any driving before having it.

You cannot have a driving break until you’ve done some driving.

kalim:
that what was showing as 15 min break taken on display.

I doubt that, if the tachograph was showing a 15 minute break it would have recorded a 15 minute break.

I’m guessing you calculated the break from the time on the clock instead.

This thread shows where you should be taking the break times from viewtopic.php?f=5&t=146150&p=2309253#p2309253

To be honest I am so conscious about this driving breaks that is why I am so disappointed with this.

Just to add, tachograph was showing exactly 15min as break (top right corner with pulse sign) which changed to 48 min after my 33 min break. Also the tachograph did reset my driving times and never give me any kind of warnings. Even so why would I take only 33 min break and I could stay just 12 min longer on services.

Anyway lesson for the future.

Thank you for all your help

Learner driver…

Can someone kindly tell me if infringements are visible on day print out ? Or only on external software ?

Learner driver…

kalim:
Can someone kindly tell me if infringements are visible on day print out ? Or only on external software ?

Learner driver…

Infringements don’t show on tacho, need to wait for some nice office bod to ask you to sign them after they flag up on their system.
Don’t worry about the odd one here and there, not the end of the world despite what office bod might tell you, chances of VOSA pull are low unless you work for someone on their hit list.

As Tachograph has said.

And break to qualify as a DRIVING break must have some Driving before the break.

There are no requirements on how much driving must be completed before a driving break can be taken.

Tacho in, do checks, drive down the yard 1 min park up 15min break will now count as you’ve shown driving.

Thank you everyone that is lesson for the future for me :slight_smile:

Learner driver…

i always take an extra 2 minutes, (17 minutes for a 15, 32 minutes for a 30 and 47 minutes for a 45) just to make sure tacho has recoreded it, i have heard some can be a minute out.