A little advice please

Ive been working in security for the last 10 years so I have no haulage experience, I passed my Class1 test last November, but for several reasons new baby among other things I didnt look for work straight away, I’m now worried I waited too long and I’ve missed my chance? I’m hesitant to apply for a driving job as I’ve not driven a HGV since the day I passed my driving test.
What advice could you give me?

Many thanks

Graham

Lie, that bloke down the road employed me until his wife left him for the au pair. He sold up and moved to Tibet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look for a small haulier don’t go to anything major, try a few agencies and lie a little, say you did a bit of weekend work for a mate, if they question why there’s no entries on your digi tell them it was analogue :wink:

If you’re lacking a bit in the confidence department, book a half day in a school’s truck. That’ll put you at ease before any assessment drive you may be asked to do.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Am sure if you went to places that do hgv lessons and explained. There probably arrange a lesson/drive for you to familiarse yourself with it all again

Franglais:
If you’re lacking a bit in the confidence department, book a half day in a school’s truck. That’ll put you at ease before any assessment drive you may be asked to do.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I’ll second that :smiley:

thanks, thats a good idea, I’ll talk to a local driving school and see what they can sugest. Thanks

Do some class 2 for a couple of months. Free! And you get paid for doing it. Gets you used to a bigger vehicle. You don’t need a refresher on a class two, it’s just a van! Then when you feel ready, make the step up. Just remember, when going backwards steer the opposite way :wink: