Advice for class2 tramping?

Hey guys! Well since passing in January I have got lucky after just 2 weeks agency I landed a full time job with ATL delivering tyres! I have been for a few months now!

The job suited me 7.30 start til 3/4pm on a 55hr contract! Job was easy also literally roll up and roll a couple of tyres off to customers who mostly were at back door waiting!

However I have just been informed that I would be required to change over to tramping on pallets. The deal is that we will get a 68plate daf that will be our own and faster route to getting class1 through them!!

Without droning on too long!! I rather like the idea of tramping and am looking forward to it but I have a few concerns and looking for advice in what gear I will need to keep me going all week!!

what is tramping on class2 pallets like?

What gear would I need??

Thanks guys any help would be much appreciated :unamused: :smiley:

Youngscottishnewbie:
Hey guys! Well since passing in January I have got lucky after just 2 weeks agency I landed a full time job with ATL delivering tyres! I have been for a few months now!

The job suited me 7.30 start til 3/4pm on a 55hr contract! Job was easy also literally roll up and roll a couple of tyres off to customers who mostly were at back door waiting!

However I have just been informed that I would be required to change over to tramping on pallets. The deal is that we will get a 68plate daf that will be our own and faster route to getting class1 through them!!

Without droning on too long!! I rather like the idea of tramping and am looking forward to it but I have a few concerns and looking for advice in what gear I will need to keep me going all week!!

What gear would I need??

Stay out of the services overnight. Those bays are for proper trucks. Cheers

:slight_smile:
This is a thread on the ‘frequently asked questions’ forum:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=37297

You won’t need everything on the list to start with, but it will give you some ideas to get shopping for the basics.

Good Luck for your future career… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

SuperMultiBlue:

Totally agree with this, stay out of Msa’s and let the so called proper trucks park in the stinking noisy theft ravaged crap holes and find yourself somewhere nice and peaceful to park of a night [emoji849][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cab cleaning kit you will soon know what you need

But have a look at list Rog has put up take what you think you need leave rest at home

Also make sure you have a least 1 touch batteries spear pen or refill

SuperMultiBlue:

Youngscottishnewbie:

What gear would I need??

Yeah I will stay out and leave you underpaid lazy fat slobs in your mediocre stinking dangerous parking bays bud!! Least us in the not proper trucks can park in better locations and get paid more money :wink: thanks again caller!!

Deesider:
:slight_smile:
This is a thread on the ‘frequently asked questions’ forum:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=37297

You won’t need everything on the list to start with, but it will give you some ideas to get shopping for the basics.

Good Luck for your future career… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Thanks mate much appreciated!!