Class 1 Booked

As title suggests I have just booked my class 1 I’m doing it the first week of July. Intended to stick with class 2 for a while but just thought what the hell and booked it. I’m looking forward to it but just think the reversing is going to be hard to get my head around but from the looks of it I’m not the only one to think the reversing looks hard. I’m doing it at Mcphersons in Elgin. Would of liked to have used Peter Smyth but a bit too far for me.

Good luck!! Don’t worry about reversing, take your time, get plenty of practice & remember the instructors work for you so make them work until you’re satisfied your confident & competent. On test, slow down, most people rush when they’re nervous. Examiner wants to see you complete everything safely & properly, not quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the best with it. Anything I can do to help, just shout.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

matto75:
Good luck!! Don’t worry about reversing, take your time, get plenty of practice & remember the instructors work for you so make them work until you’re satisfied your confident & competent. On test, slow down, most people rush when they’re nervous. Examiner wants to see you complete everything safely & properly, not quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This ^^ The reverse on my test was the slowest I had done it all week.

The longer you take on the reverse, the less time you have driving foward [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies guys. I’ve had a look at some videos on YouTube and Drive forward seems to be the same basic principle just got to account for the trailer cut in from the looks of it and get used to the new length. I’ll take the reverse slow as I can give myself maximum time to think while maneuvering. In my rigid I did quite well on the reverse didn’t take a shunt and my instructor said it was a very impressive reverse so hoping I can do the same again.

The longer you take on the reverse, the less time you have driving foward

Haha! If only that was true!

The drive for a CE test is a minimum of 50 minutes. It’s in no way related to the time spent on reversing, uncoupling and recoupling. And a word of caution; it’s perfectly possible to fail your test cos it took too long to complete the reverse. It doesn’t show competence if it takes forever. But, to keep it all in context, there’s certainly no need to rush it. Same applies to the coupling exercise.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing: