New pass class two

Took the plunge and did it, passed my class two first time of asking last week. Now the search begins.

The job market seems pretty much like any industry I’m already spotting the jobs that sound a bit ■■■■,
I’ve been ambitious with some applications (big wages) and have been turned down for two interviews so far.

However I’ve now secured two interviews, one this Saturday and one at the end of the month.
The one at the end of the month is pretty much my dream job but I wouldn’t want to give up the opportunity of the first job as I know that’s pretty much nailed on and the second job is going to be much harder to get.

I also don’t want to mess the first company about accepting and then possibly declining or even leaving after a week. Any advice?

:smiley: :smiley:

Start the first job but tell them that you have booked a holiday to allow you to take the second job assessment. Most employers let you take holidays for up to three weeks if you have already booked a holiday and quite right so. Employers can’t expect a new employee to cancel an outstanding holiday that might have cost an arm and a leg.

carlston49:
Start the first job but tell them that you have booked a holiday to allow you to take the second job assessment. Most employers let you take holidays for up to three weeks if you have already booked a holiday and quite right so. Employers can’t expect a new employee to cancel an outstanding holiday that might have cost an arm and a leg.

Agreed, and don’t forget that they would do it you without a second thought (Apart from Albion, of course :slight_smile: {Any openings for a puddle-jumper? :smiley: } ).
If you get the job with the first company, take it. You then have the option of moving on if you DO get the second. The second will let you work your notice out if they’re any good.
Good luck.

Cheers everyone. The first company has offered me a job and I actually do have a holiday coming up ironically so I’m due to start when I return from holiday but in the mean time should give me time to interview with the other company