Medical history summary

Approached my doctors today to ask for my medical summary so I can go and get my hgv driver physical done. They gave me some forms to fill in and told me it could take up to 28 days. Didn’t sound right to me, I suspect they think I want more than I actually do. Did they misunderstand the request? How fast is normal? I was under the impression they would be able to print something off there and then…?

You don’t need a summary from your doctor. When you go for a medical, the doctor will check your weight, height, eyesight on Snellen chart, blood pressure and ask you the questions on the form. No history needed. I suggest you take any medication with you.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
You don’t need a summary from your doctor. When you go for a medical, the doctor will check your weight, height, eyesight on Snellen chart, blood pressure and ask you the questions on the form. No history needed. I suggest you take any medication with you.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I’m going to a private clinic to get the medical done as they can do it very soon, whereas my own doctor could be up to 30 days. Hence, the private clinic have asked for my medical summary.

Where in UK are you?

ROG:
Where in UK are you?

Northern Ireland

Knightman:

ROG:
Where in UK are you?

Northern Ireland

ANY GOOD = fit2drivemedicals.co.uk/dri … BT43%205HB :question:

or this = d4drivers.uk/belfast/

None of those links need a medical record to pass a D4 medical

Thanks ROG, one of those might do the job. I’m new to all this and still get a bit lost figuring this out. We also use a DLM1 form instead of a D4, lord knows why…

It all depends on how far back the medical records are, it is many years ago, your records would be stored in old fashioned paper records, if that is the case, you may have to pay for that.
Even with a modern up to date computerized records., for the last year ,it could be hundreds of pages for you to print off at the library at 10 pence a sheet.
You will be emailed an encryption code to access your files from the Doctors.