Does training to pass cat C count as CPC?

Hi,
I passed my C1 licence nearly 5 years ago and am due to renew my digicard and also need to catch up on my CPC hours. I’ve driven for agencies most of the time and haven’t had the time/money to pay for enough CPC days myself.

I originally wanted to do my C and then C+E but the company I was working for at the time were paying for the C1 but for some reason refused to pay for the C which I believe is the exact same test but in a slightly larger wagon!

So I now want to do my Cat C test and am wondering if I did a few days training for the test the hours would count towards my 35 hours CPC?

Thanks,

Adam

It does for your first year and when you go to do any module at the centre youll hand you licence and cpc card to the instructor, youll be ask is this your first CPC module and then its every year after. I started at the top mod 1 and am working my way dow the list. (1year driving Cat C)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You need all 35 hours to renew the DQC
You need those 35 before the current DQC expires or you will have a period where you cannot drive any LGV commercially
It has been rumoured that cat C will not get DCPC hours and forum sponsor Peter Smythe knows more about this than me so I have alerted him to this thread :smiley:

Mine did with peter

ROG:
You need all 35 hours to renew the DQC
You need those 35 before the current DQC expires or you will have a period where you cannot drive any LGV commercially
It has been rumoured that cat C will not get DCPC hours and forum sponsor Peter Smythe knows more about this than me so I have alerted him to this thread :smiley:

Thanks Rog. Does that mean that you currently get DCPC hours? If so how many of the 35 can you get this way? Eg if I did 14 hours training wcould I get all of them towards my DCPC?

There’s a bit of confusion about this. It USED to be the case that a C1 driver could gain cpc hours from CAT C licence acquisition training but this is no longer the case. Doubtless there will be some trainers who either don’t know this ruling or who ignore it. But I play to the book.

Hope this helps, and sorry for the delay in responding. Been in a meeting with DVSA today so not been near a computer.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: