Tacho query

Hello everybody,
Today I did get infringement for breaching working hours. But I can’t understand what is wrong with this. It happen like this:
I have started my work 12:00 then have done 15min break from 17:59-18:15, then have finished my work at 20:30 and take my card out of tacho and went home. Person who gave me to sign infringement says that I had to take break before 21:00.
What is wrong with this if from 20:30 until next day 12:00 I had rest time?
Please can you tell me that I am wrong.
Thank you very much

Simply 6 hours to 9 hours work you require breaks totalling at least 30 mins.

Over 9 hours and you need breaks totalling at least 45 mins.

You worked 8 and half hours with only a 15 min break when you needed 30 mins to comply with the WTD.

simcor:
You worked 8 and half hours with only a 15 min break when you needed 30 mins to comply with the WTD.

Thank you Simon. So after I have finished my work I had to make another 15 min break and only then take my card out and go home? It is confusing why my rest doesn’t count as break. When I am starting new shift I always do manual entry, that from last time I took my card out until new shift I had a break.

In that 8 and half hour period you required a minimum of 30 mins break where you only had 15 mins.

A break must be followed by other work or driving for at least a minute as well for it to be counted as a break.

AaronZ:
Hello everybody,
Today I did get infringement for breaching working hours. But I can’t understand what is wrong with this. It happen like this:
I have started my work 12:00 then have done 15min break from 17:59-18:15, then have finished my work at 20:30 and take my card out of tacho and went home. Person who gave me to sign infringement says that I had to take break before 21:00.
What is wrong with this if from 20:30 until next day 12:00 I had rest time?
Please can you tell me that I am wrong.
Thank you very much

Rest time is for EU tacho regs not WTD

You should have had a break from 2030 to 2045 then finished at 2046 tp comply with WTD

WTD is not something the authorities are bothered about but many companies have policies on it

Finally I’ve got it. Thank you ROG.