Finally been offered a job..

Having passed my class 1 nearly 3 years ago and struggling to find driving work (2yr insurance clause and all that), I just carried on with warehouse work (albeit an odd driving day in between), finally landed a seemingly great start with a supermarket… So there is light at the end of the tunnel for all the new passes… Chin up

That’s great news. All the very best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
That’s great news. All the very best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Many thanks Pete, much appreciated

Well done, mate. Happy for you :slight_smile:

Well done on finally getting a job you want. I’ve been trying since last November to get on class 1 work after passing in the September. Been driving class 2s for nearly 16 years but that doesn’t seem to count for anything if you want to work on artics so the search continues for me. Driver shortage my backside…

cribs76:
Well done on finally getting a job you want. I’ve been trying since last November to get on class 1 work after passing in the September. Been driving class 2s for nearly 16 years but that doesn’t seem to count for anything if you want to work on artics so the search continues for me. Driver shortage my backside…

Out of curiosity mate, where are you based in? I got my class 2 in November last year and since I had to cancel my class 1 training scheduled for January,
I decided to get some practice driving ‘small’ motors. While looking for a class 2 opportunity and registering with my local agencies,

I was clearly stating that my plan is to get class 1 licence with the ultimate goal being class 1 night trunking.
I got an assessment and subsequently an induction training the very same week I started the search. Pretty much the very same time I started getting phone calls about class 1 jobs (‘have you passed yet?’ :grimacing: ). Having driven 26t fridges for about 2 months, the company I work for offered me (after passing my class 1) trunking runs to England and extra reversing training with our shunters (if needed) on top of that :laughing:

The 2 years insurance clause is not always (apparently - that’s what a few agencies have told me) a problem.

Btw, I’m based in Central Scotland.

Cheers
Rav

Rav:
Out of curiosity mate, where are you based in? I got my class 2 in November last year and since I had to cancel my class 1 training scheduled for January,
I decided to get some practice driving ‘small’ motors. While looking for a class 2 opportunity and registering with my local agencies,

I was clearly stating that my plan is to get class 1 licence with the ultimate goal being class 1 night trunking.
I got an assessment and subsequently an induction training the very same week I started the search. Pretty much the very same time I started getting phone calls about class 1 jobs (‘have you passed yet?’ :grimacing: ). Having driven 26t fridges for about 2 months, the company I work for offered me (after passing my class 1) trunking runs to England and extra reversing training with our shunters (if needed) on top of that :laughing:

The 2 years insurance clause is not always (apparently - that’s what a few agencies have told me) a problem.

Btw, I’m based in Central Scotland.

Cheers
Rav

Sorry for time taken to reply, lost track of this thread.
I’m in the West Midlands and I have just started class 1 job a couple of weeks ago, I made the mistake of thinking that working on the roads for 20 years mostly on ridged trucks I would find work once I got my class 1 at the big companies around here.
Not the case you have to start at the bottom again, maybe some will get lucky but I wasn’t one of them.
So Ive took a job on that I don’t really want to do but in 6 months I’ll reapply to all the places I originally wanted to work for.

Once you have some experience door’s will open for sure you just got to put the grind in for a little while.

Well, that good info, Cribs. Mebbe make me rethink a bit.
Thanks.