Finally been offered a job..

cribs76:
Well done on finally getting a job you want. I’ve been trying since last November to get on class 1 work after passing in the September. Been driving class 2s for nearly 16 years but that doesn’t seem to count for anything if you want to work on artics so the search continues for me. Driver shortage my backside…

Out of curiosity mate, where are you based in? I got my class 2 in November last year and since I had to cancel my class 1 training scheduled for January,
I decided to get some practice driving ‘small’ motors. While looking for a class 2 opportunity and registering with my local agencies,

I was clearly stating that my plan is to get class 1 licence with the ultimate goal being class 1 night trunking.
I got an assessment and subsequently an induction training the very same week I started the search. Pretty much the very same time I started getting phone calls about class 1 jobs (‘have you passed yet?’ :grimacing: ). Having driven 26t fridges for about 2 months, the company I work for offered me (after passing my class 1) trunking runs to England and extra reversing training with our shunters (if needed) on top of that :laughing:

The 2 years insurance clause is not always (apparently - that’s what a few agencies have told me) a problem.

Btw, I’m based in Central Scotland.

Cheers
Rav